1996 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: This car was a life saver

1996 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

ES Coupe (2.5L V6)

This car was a life saver
By Janet on

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Bought a '96 Avenger ES with 104K for my 17 yo son. The most important thing I can say about this car is that it was substantial and well built enough to save his life in a bad front end collision. Both airbags deployed and the car was totaled, but he walked away without a scratch. He is crushed about losing this car-his first and like a friend to him. Well designed inside and out--I found it comfortable to drive and am 50 yo with a young one in a carseat--easiest 2 door to get child in and out of carseat I have ever used- loved the way the front seats slid forward automatically. Quality for this American made car is exceptional and ergonomic. Handled well, fun to drive, no major problems.

Favorite Features

Sliding front seat design, comfortable seats, roomy, quality interior for its class, stylish, sporty design, solid built and saved him in an accident, ABS brakes, good fuel economy for 6 cyl sporty car--glad to see they're coming back!

Suggested Improvements

Factory CD player died, tires very expensive to replace, low front profile- easy to hit front bumper while parking