1996 Dodge Avenger Consumer Review: NEVER AGAIN!!

1996 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Review

ES Coupe (2.5L V6)

NEVER AGAIN!!
By Avenger-NEVER AGAIN on

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Fell in love with styling 1st time I saw it. Bought new 2nd model year. 1st 3 months was in the shop 10 times. Auto transmission shot at 40K miles. Entire front end replaced at 56K due to shotty controller arms (the front end broke away from the main structure of the car!). Changed thermostat 2xs & always needs new brakes. FM radio & CD player no longer work. Lots of interior cosmetic problems now make the car look junky. There is a leak inside that no one can find & everytime it rains there is a puddle on the front passenger floor board. I will drive this piece of junk until it rusts away to nothing just to get the $$ I put into it for repairs.

Love the styling & the radio/CD/tape worked & sounded great while it lasted! The handling has always been great, except for the small turning radius.

Dodge, if you ever want to improve this product, make sure the transmission is reliable. I would love to buy the new Stratus, but would never take the chance. Also make sure the interior & audio system can last the life of the car!