1996 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews 5

1996 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
You don't know what you're saying...
By 1996 Dodge Avenger on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I don't know why people put me(Avenger) down. Okay, with every kind of car comes a bad one or two. There could be a bad Honda Civic but it shouldn't ruin it for every Honda Civic out there. Just because you have crappy luck, doesn't mean you can put me down or even Chrysler/Dodge. Chrysler/Dodge is awesome, obviously, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten me in the first place. So, just remember...NO car is perfect(except me of course). Damn.

Dont waist your money!
By Dodgesux on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

I advise to never buy a Dodge or ever a Dodge Avenger. My car is a 1996 which is the second year they made these cars and it was the biggest lemon I could have ever imagined buying. Within the last year I have replaced the engine, the transmission, the radiator, $800 in brakes which are going out once again, and the fuel pump. Also the thermostat was replaced. All of this and last week i was leaning back in my seat to replace my wallet and the seat broke so I havent got any back support. This car has never been wrecked but has completely fallen apart! Terrible car will never buy Chrysler again!

love my avenger! :)
By osubkys on 08/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Overall a great car. Black is a litt hard to keep clean though!! But I LOVE IT!

Where is the Junk Yard???
By Junk Driver on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Lets see, where to start= 1 month old, the car had an interior water leak coming in from the underbody's drainage system (not found until 7 visits to the dealer and 2 years later) 3 years old, leaks engine coolant, told I need a new radiator 4 years old, head gasket needs replacing, power doorlocks no longer function Also had oil leaks in 3 other places!!! After my 60,000 mile service, it now runs worse than ever! My engine light even came on (at least I know that works)

My Dodge Avenger
By aickelin on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

I've loved my 96 Avenger. It has not given me any mechanical problems with one exception. In the first 30,000 miles the engine leaked oil. My Dealer was great and it turned out to be a wrinkel in the head gasket which was corrected under warranty. With regular oil changes and upkeep, the car has performed well for its price range. I wish they were still making that model.

1996 Dodge Avenger
By delon73 on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Dodge Avenger 2dr Coupe

Good looking car and easy to modify!!!