Used 1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

I Lke It!
By skippy21

1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

i have had mine for about 9 monthes and min eis a 96 as well and mine has never died on me, and the only probleme with it is the interior, i completely hate the interior, crappy plastice that keeps breaking on me, but other than that i like the sound, speed, and realiability of it. over all i am impressed.

sound, design, and speed

redo interior and also raise the car, i can't go on 4 inch dip without scraping bottom.

i love my venge (avenger)
By claudee2414

1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

i purchased my avenger with 72,000 on it, i have had it for 5 years and now it has 240,000 milege. replaced the tranny and it lasted 3 years and now i have to rebuild it again. other than the transmission problems the engine is just starting to break in. replaced altenator, and radiator and brakes. this car handles like an indy car, its so sleak and beautiful. and i have the only one in the town that i live in!! i am in love with my venge, get one you will be too :)

the stock stereo system is so awesome, leather interior, electric seats, and the visor with 3 electrical garage opening features, and the best quality of the avenger is how it handles the road like a race car.

13 years old & still great
By AnnaMN

1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe 2dr Coupe

I originally purchased this car when I was 16 for its exterior look but after 7 years of driving it, it has proved to be an amazing car. At 146K it is still running great. The 2.0 4-cyl may not be the most powerful engine on the road, but it helps with fuel costs. Very comfortable interior, easy to drive; great handling in all weather. Drove it back & forth to college weekly, has never broken down. Its time for me to get a new car even though its still running great, but I needed to pay tribute to how wonderful the Avenger has been. Will be sad to see it go.

Huge back seat for a coupe, fold down back seats for moving large things, lots of great compartments, A/C kicks in very fast as well as the heat, good visibility out front window, great factory sound system, huge trunk, beautiful exterior, sleek.

could be a little quicker, more cup holders, hard to see out rear window

I struck oil
By clout

1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I got my dodge avenger ES with no miles a 188000 miles latter I've changed the o2 sensor twice the camshaft sensor once and developed a oil leak that seems no one can fix.I just recently paid 1200 dollars for a distributor and this is the third time I've taken it back. it seems like the mechanics don't know how to work on these car,s or don,t like to. the drivers side window works when it wants to no dome light really a bright ideal. this car should be better quality.

Fun Car To Drive
By galleskater

1996 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car for two years and after about 40,000 miles on the car I still love it. Went out and bought low profile Falken tires painted rims black and threw four 12 subs in the trunk. I have gone through seven cars from my two years of driving and my highly spirited driving style and this car has held up to most of the abuse... I had the engine replaced when purchased and tranny rebuilt, and with the help of 75 shot of NOS cold air intake street torque converted lowering springs catback 550cc injectors and billet fuel rail this car is FAST! Looking at a set of gears for even quicker starts. Definitely suggested buy.

exterior styling, common speaker sizes easy for upgrading, mitsu engine

Manual trans! And paint process paint is starting to fade on hood... guess carbon fiber here I come.