Nice Looking but a Little Fragile
By zecashman on
1995 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe
I purchased this vehicle in October and have since driven 5000 km. Before we get into the problems I've had with this car, it is important to understand that I paid $300 for it and it had been sitting for awhile. Service records were non-existent. Problems so far: Brake pads and rotors (normal wear and tear) New Tires, ones on the car were bald. oil change spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor (all have to be replaced every 100,000km. Mine appeared to be original. Wheel hub bearings So far the car hasn't given me any unexpected trouble, save for a broken door handle (cheapest door handle ever). Parts are cheap, except tires which are ridiculous. Snow tires and winter rims cost $1200.
Favorite Features
Good mix of fuel economy and performance Great handling, lots of traction for winter driving Decent comfort, even for me (6'2", 240 lbs.) Decent stock sound system Large trunk and usable back seat
Suggested Improvements
Better materials quality (vehicle is reliable enough, but everything feels very cheaply made) Stronger door handles Stronger door handles Perhaps a more aggressive lumbar adjustment, but that's getting pretty nit-picky at this point. Did I mention stronger door handles? No ground clearance, no visibility, titanic turning circle (perfectly fine if you're one of the 5 people left on this planet that actually know how to drive)