Used 1995 Dodge Avenger ES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Nice Looking but a Little Fragile
By zecashman

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle in October and have since driven 5000 km. Before we get into the problems I've had with this car, it is important to understand that I paid $300 for it and it had been sitting for awhile. Service records were non-existent. Problems so far: Brake pads and rotors (normal wear and tear) New Tires, ones on the car were bald. oil change spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor (all have to be replaced every 100,000km. Mine appeared to be original. Wheel hub bearings So far the car hasn't given me any unexpected trouble, save for a broken door handle (cheapest door handle ever). Parts are cheap, except tires which are ridiculous. Snow tires and winter rims cost $1200.

Good mix of fuel economy and performance Great handling, lots of traction for winter driving Decent comfort, even for me (6'2", 240 lbs.) Decent stock sound system Large trunk and usable back seat

Better materials quality (vehicle is reliable enough, but everything feels very cheaply made) Stronger door handles Stronger door handles Perhaps a more aggressive lumbar adjustment, but that's getting pretty nit-picky at this point. Did I mention stronger door handles? No ground clearance, no visibility, titanic turning circle (perfectly fine if you're one of the 5 people left on this planet that actually know how to drive)

amazing car for me
By draney

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I got this car oct 9 2008 and sadly wrecked it a month later all my fault though. In the short time though I drove the car over 5000 miles. I loved it. When I got it it had over 199k miles on it and the motor was still strong.

the whole dang car mainly the the sunroof though

none

Much better than expected
By Jack Flynn

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Not really a Dodge, but a lengthened Mitsubishi Eclipse. Bought as a well used temporary ride. Keep it for its good looks, reasonable trunk space and rear seating room. Also for its nimble handling. The 2.5 V6 has more power hidden in the higher rpm range and can be found by manually shifting the poorly-suited automatic transmission. Fuel mileage can be 30+ on the highway on overdrive at 65 mph. Low ground clearance and roof line make parking curbs a danger to the soft nose and egress something of a chore. But on, particularly, back roads, the car is a fine grand tourer and a 5-speed would have transformed the car and increased its sales. In the main, an enjoyable ride worth owning.

Looks, handling, braking. The engine is more powerful than the auto trans lets on and must be shifted manually to get the best out of it.

5-speed or, at least, "autostick". Another liter of displacement. More interior colors. Better clearance for larger tires and wheels.

good car
By bkr2010

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I have this car about a year and when we bought it the motor was shot and it did not run so we went and bought a new morto and put it in and i have only had a couple little things go wrong i had to change the brakes in the alot, I hade one tran seal brake on me bu other than change the oil and check the fluids i have dorve this car to alot of different states and she still going you would be happy if you bought the attract attetion to your self

power and the how fast she can go

better bodys on them and better thing for the truck

I want to scream
By fink

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It's exactly what I wanted, until I bought it. Ever since I got this car, I've had nothing but problems with it. Tires, brake, fuel pump, sensors, and now there's something wrong with the transmisson. It never goes into gears and it eats gas like crazy! However, when it does work, I love it.

Sound system. Interior is nice and comfortable, and it has a sporty body

Transmission. Seriously, I can't afford this.