1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:
Nice Looking but a Little Fragile
By zecashman on 03/01/13 18:22 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle in October and have since driven 5000 km. Before we get into the problems I've had with this car, it is important to understand that I paid $300 for it and it had been sitting for awhile. Service records were non-existent. Problems so far: Brake pads and rotors (normal wear and tear) New Tires, ones on the car were bald. oil change spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor (all have to be replaced every 100,000km. Mine appeared to be original. Wheel hub bearings So far the car hasn't given me any unexpected trouble, save for a broken door handle (cheapest door handle ever). Parts are cheap, except tires which are ridiculous. Snow tires and winter rims cost $1200.

amazing car for me
By draney on 08/31/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I got this car oct 9 2008 and sadly wrecked it a month later all my fault though. In the short time though I drove the car over 5000 miles. I loved it. When I got it it had over 199k miles on it and the motor was still strong.

Much better than expected
By Jack Flynn on 08/01/09 04:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Not really a Dodge, but a lengthened Mitsubishi Eclipse. Bought as a well used temporary ride. Keep it for its good looks, reasonable trunk space and rear seating room. Also for its nimble handling. The 2.5 V6 has more power hidden in the higher rpm range and can be found by manually shifting the poorly-suited automatic transmission. Fuel mileage can be 30+ on the highway on overdrive at 65 mph. Low ground clearance and roof line make parking curbs a danger to the soft nose and egress something of a chore. But on, particularly, back roads, the car is a fine grand tourer and a 5-speed would have transformed the car and increased its sales. In the main, an enjoyable ride worth owning.

Best car I every have owned
By Teresa on 05/30/09 21:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

This car despite many problems always have done well for me. I get 27mpg in city driving, and 34mpg in country or interstated travel. Folding down the back seats was a plus for me in hauling dirt, lumber, craft things for a show. I could pack more into this little car than most people put in a truck and still make it over the hills. Its 165,980 miles on the car and still putting away despite an oil pump problem I can't find anyone to fix. Everyone says its not fixable. But I never regret this car, its been the best dodge car I ever have own. and Better than my last car which was a Ford tempo.

good car
By bkr2010 on 03/20/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I have this car about a year and when we bought it the motor was shot and it did not run so we went and bought a new morto and put it in and i have only had a couple little things go wrong i had to change the brakes in the alot, I hade one tran seal brake on me bu other than change the oil and check the fluids i have dorve this car to alot of different states and she still going you would be happy if you bought the attract attetion to your self

I want to scream
By fink on 07/21/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It's exactly what I wanted, until I bought it. Ever since I got this car, I've had nothing but problems with it. Tires, brake, fuel pump, sensors, and now there's something wrong with the transmisson. It never goes into gears and it eats gas like crazy! However, when it does work, I love it.

My Used Avenger Experience
By voradtralundir on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

One major issue during my time with this car: the PCM had to be replaced and took a long time to diagnose. I have driven 80,000 miles on this vehicle since I purchased it used. The previous owner did not take good care of it and even went curb surfing with it. Despite that, the car has been very reliable and resilient. Excellent performance from the 2.0 litre engine and economy that shames some other four cylinders: A personal best of 37 mpg on a 200 mile trip to Virginia Beach. I love this car.

Good car so far
By Justininflorida on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I have a 4cyl 5 speed avenger and have not heard the 4cyl having all the problems the V6 has. The car looks great inside and out and is very fun to drive. It could use more power, although the 4cyl with the 5 speed stick is a tick faster than the V6, which are all automatics. Overall I love the car although I wish a little more attention was paid to durability.

avenger
By mamagem on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Its a very good car. Its fun to drive it makes sense and is reliable.

Great car
By Boicourt on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This car is my fav over all the cars that I have had. I feel like I'm in a race car every time I get inside. I have had to put a little money into the car, but it has over 130,000 miles on it so it is do for some work, nothing major (rear bearing assembley). I plan on adding more poformance parts and turning her into a concept show-car.