1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

1995 Avenger Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Nice Looking but a Little Fragile
By zecashman

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle in October and have since driven 5000 km. Before we get into the problems I've had with this car, it is important to understand that I paid $300 for it and it had been sitting for awhile. Service records were non-existent. Problems so far: Brake pads and rotors (normal wear and tear) New Tires, ones on the car were bald. oil change spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor (all have to be replaced every 100,000km. Mine appeared to be original. Wheel hub bearings So far the car hasn't given me any unexpected trouble, save for a broken door handle (cheapest door handle ever). Parts are cheap, except tires which are ridiculous. Snow tires and winter rims cost $1200.

Favorite Features

Good mix of fuel economy and performance Great handling, lots of traction for winter driving Decent comfort, even for me (6'2", 240 lbs.) Decent stock sound system Large trunk and usable back seat

Suggested Improvements

Better materials quality (vehicle is reliable enough, but everything feels very cheaply made) Stronger door handles Stronger door handles Perhaps a more aggressive lumbar adjustment, but that's getting pretty nit-picky at this point. Did I mention stronger door handles? No ground clearance, no visibility, titanic turning circle (perfectly fine if you're one of the 5 people left on this planet that actually know how to drive)

amazing car for me
By draney

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I got this car oct 9 2008 and sadly wrecked it a month later all my fault though. In the short time though I drove the car over 5000 miles. I loved it. When I got it it had over 199k miles on it and the motor was still strong.

Favorite Features

the whole dang car mainly the the sunroof though

Suggested Improvements

none

Much better than expected
By Jack Flynn

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Not really a Dodge, but a lengthened Mitsubishi Eclipse. Bought as a well used temporary ride. Keep it for its good looks, reasonable trunk space and rear seating room. Also for its nimble handling. The 2.5 V6 has more power hidden in the higher rpm range and can be found by manually shifting the poorly-suited automatic transmission. Fuel mileage can be 30+ on the highway on overdrive at 65 mph. Low ground clearance and roof line make parking curbs a danger to the soft nose and egress something of a chore. But on, particularly, back roads, the car is a fine grand tourer and a 5-speed would have transformed the car and increased its sales. In the main, an enjoyable ride worth owning.

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, braking. The engine is more powerful than the auto trans lets on and must be shifted manually to get the best out of it.

Suggested Improvements

5-speed or, at least, "autostick". Another liter of displacement. More interior colors. Better clearance for larger tires and wheels.

Best car I every have owned
By Teresa

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

This car despite many problems always have done well for me. I get 27mpg in city driving, and 34mpg in country or interstated travel. Folding down the back seats was a plus for me in hauling dirt, lumber, craft things for a show. I could pack more into this little car than most people put in a truck and still make it over the hills. Its 165,980 miles on the car and still putting away despite an oil pump problem I can't find anyone to fix. Everyone says its not fixable. But I never regret this car, its been the best dodge car I ever have own. and Better than my last car which was a Ford tempo.

Favorite Features

Back seat fold down, cassette player, gear shaft in the floor.

Suggested Improvements

Put the oil filter ontop where people like me can get to it to change it!

good car
By bkr2010

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I have this car about a year and when we bought it the motor was shot and it did not run so we went and bought a new morto and put it in and i have only had a couple little things go wrong i had to change the brakes in the alot, I hade one tran seal brake on me bu other than change the oil and check the fluids i have dorve this car to alot of different states and she still going you would be happy if you bought the attract attetion to your self

Favorite Features

power and the how fast she can go

Suggested Improvements

better bodys on them and better thing for the truck

I want to scream
By fink

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It's exactly what I wanted, until I bought it. Ever since I got this car, I've had nothing but problems with it. Tires, brake, fuel pump, sensors, and now there's something wrong with the transmisson. It never goes into gears and it eats gas like crazy! However, when it does work, I love it.

Favorite Features

Sound system. Interior is nice and comfortable, and it has a sporty body

Suggested Improvements

Transmission. Seriously, I can't afford this.

My Used Avenger Experience
By voradtralundir

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

One major issue during my time with this car: the PCM had to be replaced and took a long time to diagnose. I have driven 80,000 miles on this vehicle since I purchased it used. The previous owner did not take good care of it and even went curb surfing with it. Despite that, the car has been very reliable and resilient. Excellent performance from the 2.0 litre engine and economy that shames some other four cylinders: A personal best of 37 mpg on a 200 mile trip to Virginia Beach. I love this car.

Favorite Features

Powerful 2.0 litre engine. Outstanding fuel economy: 35 mpg on the highway. Substantial range on one tank of fuel - desgined to accomodat ethe V6, the 16 gallon fuel tank gives this car a range of over 500 miles on the highway with a one gallon reserve.

Suggested Improvements

Being sold as a Dodge, I would have liked a standardized set of controls similar to those used in our Dodge Stratus.

Good car so far
By Justininflorida

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe Highline 2dr Coupe

I have a 4cyl 5 speed avenger and have not heard the 4cyl having all the problems the V6 has. The car looks great inside and out and is very fun to drive. It could use more power, although the 4cyl with the 5 speed stick is a tick faster than the V6, which are all automatics. Overall I love the car although I wish a little more attention was paid to durability.

Favorite Features

Very large trunk, can actually fit two friends in the back seat without complaints, styling inside and out still looks great 8 years later, really fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Durability, the soft dashboard material has lost some shape, the front fiberglass bumper/grill hasnt fared well, cracked from scraping on steep driveways, a lot of minor problems.

avenger
By mamagem

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

Its a very good car. Its fun to drive it makes sense and is reliable.

Favorite Features

the way the seats move

Suggested Improvements

top of window things

Great car
By Boicourt

1995 Dodge Avenger Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This car is my fav over all the cars that I have had. I feel like I'm in a race car every time I get inside. I have had to put a little money into the car, but it has over 130,000 miles on it so it is do for some work, nothing major (rear bearing assembley). I plan on adding more poformance parts and turning her into a concept show-car.