Used 1995 Dodge Avenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Avenger - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Avenger

View reviews for a specific Avenger model:

Most Helpful|
avenger
By mamagem

1995 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Its a very good car. Its fun to drive it makes sense and is reliable.

Favorite Features

the way the seats move

Suggested Improvements

top of window things

Don't Do It!!
By treeeat

1995 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I loved this car...at first. Within 2 months of purchase there were probs. I had 2 replace the battery and get it realigned repeatedly, driver door handle snapped, tranny cracked, $1200 computer sensor repair, passenger seatbelt locked up while the seat unlock practically strangling friends, always dying & towing, computer repair again, replaced the distributor-$800, theft deterent system locked and unlock the car whenever where ever, passngr door handle snapped, and FINALLY August 1, 2002 the engine caught fire while sitting in my driveway! Even worse, halfway through putting out the fire the car started! THIS IS NO JOKE. I took good care of this car.

Favorite Features

The sleek exterior, the comfortable and quality interior, sunroof, sound, handling...

Suggested Improvements

Everything under the hood! They could make a horror movie about this car!If you buy this car you had better find a preist to bless it!

Trans is garbage
By dispickle

1995 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

Trans problems - wheel bearings - tie rods - sway bar - radiator probs - fuel pump probs - total mess, don't waste your money

I want to scream
By fink

1995 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I love this car. It's exactly what I wanted, until I bought it. Ever since I got this car, I've had nothing but problems with it. Tires, brake, fuel pump, sensors, and now there's something wrong with the transmisson. It never goes into gears and it eats gas like crazy! However, when it does work, I love it.

Favorite Features

Sound system. Interior is nice and comfortable, and it has a sporty body

Suggested Improvements

Transmission. Seriously, I can't afford this.

Nice Looking but a Little Fragile
By zecashman

1995 Dodge Avenger ES 2dr Coupe

I purchased this vehicle in October and have since driven 5000 km. Before we get into the problems I've had with this car, it is important to understand that I paid $300 for it and it had been sitting for awhile. Service records were non-existent. Problems so far: Brake pads and rotors (normal wear and tear) New Tires, ones on the car were bald. oil change spark plugs, distributor cap, rotor (all have to be replaced every 100,000km. Mine appeared to be original. Wheel hub bearings So far the car hasn't given me any unexpected trouble, save for a broken door handle (cheapest door handle ever). Parts are cheap, except tires which are ridiculous. Snow tires and winter rims cost $1200.

Favorite Features

Good mix of fuel economy and performance Great handling, lots of traction for winter driving Decent comfort, even for me (6'2", 240 lbs.) Decent stock sound system Large trunk and usable back seat

Suggested Improvements

Better materials quality (vehicle is reliable enough, but everything feels very cheaply made) Stronger door handles Stronger door handles Perhaps a more aggressive lumbar adjustment, but that's getting pretty nit-picky at this point. Did I mention stronger door handles? No ground clearance, no visibility, titanic turning circle (perfectly fine if you're one of the 5 people left on this planet that actually know how to drive)