My Nubi, the commuter mule
By ckrockett on
2002 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
this is actually a 2000 nubi cdx wagon. all bells and whistles except sunroof and cd changer. love the car. swore I'd never own a new car (since my '67 Datsun RL411 SSS), but a week in a rental nubi sedan was enough to convince me. it's a very economical, but fun-to-drive car, so the 'bang-for- the-buck' quotient works for me. great for the commute, very comfortable on long trips, flies low with ease on the open flyways (aka I-5, etc. here in california), and VERY nimble. I've autocrossed the car (that's road-racing in a parking lot for most of you who don't know), and it's only weakness there is lack of low-end power.
Favorite Features
very practical for everything from the young family to the commuter who wants cheap luxury mixed with a tad of sportiness, but can be considered 'disposable' if trashed in traffic. so it's a compromise, but I love it.
Suggested Improvements
The Nubi needs the plus-1 wheels of the Leganza, plus 1" wider wheels at the rear. This would really balance the asethetics. Also, a V-6 engine would be nice, or at least another 30-50 bhp AND torque at the low end.