Used 2002 Daewoo Nubira Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Daewoo Nubira - Consumer Reviews

SE 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

DON'T GET IN AN ACCIDENT
By nosey1991

2002 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ok i had my deawoo for about a year and i got in an accident i was going 5 mph and it totaled it. that was me hitting a reese hitch. the front bumper is of styli-foam. Dont get me wrong i loved that car it got me where i needed to go. if i was going 5 mph and it did that i would hate to see it at 40 mph. Would could have fixed it but it would have cost us more then what the car is worth. The air bags are 3000 a piece. And we could not find a radiator any where this car is alot of work if u have the money to but in it then go for it. This car is very expense to fix..

Not Necessarily Wise
By MrDElliott

2002 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Daewoo for about 2 years now and am at 57,000 miles. I have had 2 window regulators go bad (different windows), problems with the front axle, problems unlocking the doors in the winter, and a bad front cam-shaft sensor. These aren't major problems, but since parts aren't available, it is annoying waiting 3 weeks to get something fixed. It has me worried what will happen when something gets worse (can I go 3 weeks without a car if there is a serious problem?). If you want an inexpensive car, feel free to purchase one (trade-in value is awful and you get what you pay for in this case). Otherwise, I would spend a little extra and get something with more quality.

Favorite Features

The headlights are nice and bright, spacious car, fairly quick initial acceleration, and good visibility (if you remove the back headrests).

Suggested Improvements

Useless to suggest since they are no longer available here.

GOODBYE WOO
By ALRIGHTY THEN

2002 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE HAD THE WOO NOW FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF. IT IS A VERY PRETTY CAR. AND HANDLES WELL. ALTHOUGH, JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER WEEK I HAD TIRE TROUBLE. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE FACT THAT DAEWOO IS NO LONGER MAKING THE CAR AND THAT IT'S PARTS ARE SO HARD TO FIND, I MIGHT HAVE CONSIDERED KEEPING IT.

Favorite Features

NO REAL FAVORITE FEATURES ABOUT THE CAR. IT DOES HAVE A NICE DESIGN THAT CAN COMPETE WITH MOST LUXUARY CARS.

Suggested Improvements

THE WOO COULD USE A FEW IMPROVEMENTS. BETTER TIRES, BETTER BRAKING SYSTEM, AND JUST A TAD BIT MORE ENGINE POWER.

Great Car
By Starfish

2002 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Nubira since Nov of 2000, the car has been through a lot of work, at 50,000 and not a major problem yet (knock on wood) the car has been extremly reliable, nothing major. Yes it is hard to find parts but if it works great then why do u need parts ? This car can stay with your hondas it will beat your civics and neons, it provides great handling at high speeds and its k on the gas. I believe this car can hug turns at speeds over 90 mph and its always something that make people wonder why kind of car is that. Fun to drive and good power, not enough but good for a 4 cyl. eng.

Favorite Features

the Car has an unique shape, the headlights are very cool.

Suggested Improvements

Always more power, ABS standard, some luxury items such as leather seats and a moon roof besides that I got everything I need. Longer arm rest .

Love my Daewoo
By mdm17

2002 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it a few months, but this is one fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

30mpg on the highway 24 city

Suggested Improvements

Tilt wheel is a bit low even for me!