2002 Daewoo Nubira - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nubira model:
DON'T GET IN AN ACCIDENT
By nosey1991 on 07/17/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

ok i had my deawoo for about a year and i got in an accident i was going 5 mph and it totaled it. that was me hitting a reese hitch. the front bumper is of styli-foam. Dont get me wrong i loved that car it got me where i needed to go. if i was going 5 mph and it did that i would hate to see it at 40 mph. Would could have fixed it but it would have cost us more then what the car is worth. The air bags are 3000 a piece. And we could not find a radiator any where this car is alot of work if u have the money to but in it then go for it. This car is very expense to fix..

Not Necessarily Wise
By MrDElliott on 09/06/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Daewoo for about 2 years now and am at 57,000 miles. I have had 2 window regulators go bad (different windows), problems with the front axle, problems unlocking the doors in the winter, and a bad front cam-shaft sensor. These aren't major problems, but since parts aren't available, it is annoying waiting 3 weeks to get something fixed. It has me worried what will happen when something gets worse (can I go 3 weeks without a car if there is a serious problem?). If you want an inexpensive car, feel free to purchase one (trade-in value is awful and you get what you pay for in this case). Otherwise, I would spend a little extra and get something with more quality.

GOODBYE WOO
By ALRIGHTY THEN on 06/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I HAVE HAD THE WOO NOW FOR ABOUT A YEAR AND A HALF. IT IS A VERY PRETTY CAR. AND HANDLES WELL. ALTHOUGH, JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER WEEK I HAD TIRE TROUBLE. IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE FACT THAT DAEWOO IS NO LONGER MAKING THE CAR AND THAT IT'S PARTS ARE SO HARD TO FIND, I MIGHT HAVE CONSIDERED KEEPING IT.

worth the money...............
By CBD on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have almost 40,000 miles on my car with no problems to date. It's a fun car to drive and great on gas mileage with plenty of room. It has certainly been worth the money

$ - Very Good
By Tiggerguy on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Daewoo was a X-mass Gift and It would not have been on my list BUT It really should have!! I have had No problems with it. It has Great pick-up, looks Good, Very Good Air-Con, Excellent Sound System and Brakes well. Do you really need more?

Great Car
By Starfish on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Nubira since Nov of 2000, the car has been through a lot of work, at 50,000 and not a major problem yet (knock on wood) the car has been extremly reliable, nothing major. Yes it is hard to find parts but if it works great then why do u need parts ? This car can stay with your hondas it will beat your civics and neons, it provides great handling at high speeds and its k on the gas. I believe this car can hug turns at speeds over 90 mph and its always something that make people wonder why kind of car is that. Fun to drive and good power, not enough but good for a 4 cyl. eng.

My Nubi, the commuter mule
By ckrockett on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

this is actually a 2000 nubi cdx wagon. all bells and whistles except sunroof and cd changer. love the car. swore I'd never own a new car (since my '67 Datsun RL411 SSS), but a week in a rental nubi sedan was enough to convince me. it's a very economical, but fun-to-drive car, so the 'bang-for- the-buck' quotient works for me. great for the commute, very comfortable on long trips, flies low with ease on the open flyways (aka I-5, etc. here in california), and VERY nimble. I've autocrossed the car (that's road-racing in a parking lot for most of you who don't know), and it's only weakness there is lack of low-end power.

Beware - no parts out there
By Totaled on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle for an errand runner. Great value with lots of options. Gas mileage lower than hoped, but other than that, no problems. UNTIL... had a minor accident and are told there are NO PARTS available, except maybe from Korea. The insurance will not wait that long and is declaring it Totaled! Since these vehicles have such a low resale value, we are ending owing money on a car we no longer have. Lesson learned!

Love my Daewoo
By mdm17 on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had it a few months, but this is one fun car to drive.

Love It
By Tutigers on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a problem with my Nubira. It's fun to drive and gets GREAT mileage. I have used it for multiple cross-country trips as well as city driving with no complaints. I'm definitely a Daewoo shopper from now on!