2001 Daewoo Nubira - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nubira model:
Auto Nubira 2001 - Value!
By trevorbarren on 07/20/13 19:06 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car second hand after it had been driven almost 100,000 KM (in 2013), the car's fun to drive, has all the power you need and doesn't eat much fuel at all. I havn't had any problems at all except that the rear right window won't open from the driver's door controls (but it still opens if you open it from the rear button itself). Also you tend to hear a buzzing sound sometimes coming from the plastic around the door handle due to vibrations sometimes, but I guess that comes with the territory. Also the engine's a bit louder than average (no problems). Mechanically the car is still going healthy, gearbox still in great condition, and an all around good car - value for money.

Decent car, several significant flaws
By pjrcard on 03/15/11 08:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2001 Daewoo Nubira CDX, auto, as a retired rental in 2003 with about 18,000 miles. It now has 97,000. In general I like it. The design was sleak at the time and remains modern. Sunroof was great on summer days. Interior leather and design was nice and in general it's been a good drive. But beware. It has a few very significant flaws. Many owners have reported problems with control arms and ball joints due to a poor design. I've had to replace the control arms 3 times now. The emergency brake wears quickly. Right rear power window doesn't work, right front very slow. Paint chipping on door handles. Good car to look at, and fun to drive, but has some serious issues.

Nightmare
By hellofacar on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car, I've made the mistake to buy it used, from a friend, with a 106,000 miles. After 6 months of use, it had become a nightmare, soon after the timing belt broke on it, no matter how good I've tried to maintain it. Worse, the whole car got the lower control replaced, but problem still not solved. I hated the car and heaven only blesses those who still own one in their garage. I'm also happy they don't make them anymore, and would not recommend anyone. I should have given it for charity, but preferred to scrap it instead. Don't buy this car please .

Stopping without reason
By student on 03/29/10 17:36 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car stops for no reason at unexpected times, even on the freeway. Why? Does anyone have a clue? I like the car, looks good, nice to drive, nice features. I bought it for a great price but it's not dependable.

Love it
By The Nubira on 01/25/10 15:14 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had car for 5 years. Engine and tranny have never given any problems 100,000 miles still going strong. Only complaints are the ac goes in and out (Just a short i am sure) and the control arm bushings need replaced anywhere from 30k-80k. Payed $350 for driver side bushing and alignment. Replaced the passenger bushing myself in a weekend for $35. Part shipped fast from Daewoo. Easy fix for the do it yourselfer. The way the suspension is designed there is great stress on the bushings. They need replaced just like tires. But because of that design this car handles and rides very very nice. I am still amazed how nice it is when i drive it. Love the Daewoo!

Very Few Problems After 7 Years
By fahonsey on 08/04/09 12:26 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Daewoo brand new off the lot and I still have it. I bought it because of the low price. There were a few recalls I've had fixed and I've had a sensor fixed on my automatic transmission because it wouldn't come out of park. They do have a problem with a weak front end when hitting potholes (You know how U.S. Highways are) and the controller arms had to be replaced. The dealer has great mechanics and they tell me what to look for in certain parts that might go out like the timing chain after about 60,000 miles. Regular maintenance like the manual has in it has kept the engine running perfectly. It's been a real bargain for me.

Hate it!
By wt8396 on 06/17/09 05:10 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this about 2 years ago as my first car. At first I was in love, but now I have to resist the urge to take a bat to it! I had to change the front tires twice and replace the control arms in the first year (which ended up costing half of what I paid for the darn thing). Now I need to replace belts and tie rods, and my windows and rear defrost only work when I have the driver's side door wide open. Oh, and the air conditioning went out a couple months after I bought it. I'm crossing my fingers that someone will rear end me and total this piece of junk!

pretty great for the money
By Doyle on 06/03/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had purchased the car back in feb '02 from a chevy dealership when GM was looking to purchase DaewooUSA. I got the car for pretty cheap and it put a couple thousand down on it. I didn't really start to have any problems until 70,000 miles. The A/C did go out on me around 50k, but that was because I had broken the coolant tubes after running over something. I drove the car around for 2 more years in FL w/o AC, but still a great car. I have moved to California and don't need A/C! I did break a pressure-plate for my clutch back at 80k mi and only spend like $1200 to fix the throwrod and plate (including labor). 100k miles now!

Great Little Car!
By timothyparrish on 10/20/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car!! If you keep the timing belt replaced and lower control arms replaced you have a great car at a great price!

Daewoo
By jbwalterz on 04/01/08 17:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a fairly decent car considering the problems with Daewoo's bankruptcy. The first five years I owned it (bought new), I didn't have any major repairs other than the timing belt, which is routine maintence at certain times. However, after five years I started experiencing expensive repairs and now Daewoos aren't worth much and hard to sell. My brakes have also experienced problems that about six repair shops can't figure out. They work, but not as well as other cars brakes do. I wouldn't suggest buying one of these cars to anyone. I feel like I was kind of suckered into getting a car I had never heard of previously. Lesson learned!