Used 2000 Daewoo Nubira Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Daewoo Nubira - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nubira model:

My First Car
By newh1323

2000 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Sedan

I've driven dozens of cars since I've owned this one and I find enjoyment in it every time I take the wheel. It's very peppy from 0-40 mph but accelerates timidly after that. Using it as a delivery car has been smooth sailing and long road trips are easily tackled by this vehicle. It's kind of a rare car wherever you go and parts are nothing short of a scavenger hunt but with appropriate maintenance, the thing is a survivor. It has come with its share of problems though. The CD player and A/C had to be replaced a few years after purchase. Any other difficulties with the car have been due to low quality electrical parts (power windows). It's a respectable first-car to run into the ground.

This car gets decent gas mileage and the major components have held together with proper maintenance. It has large trunk space and the foldable back seats add adequate room for storage. It comes with the necessities and even has a respectable sound system. Weather is hardly ever a factor.

Better quality parts could be used in certain areas of the car like door handles and the center console. The electrical work need a makeover for sure. Personally, I felt the horn could be less passive and interior noise should be reduced. The front end should have been redesigned.

Wow, what a car!
By robsawriter

2000 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a friend. I had no idea that what I was getting would be so fun to drive, get such great fuel economy and these days with the price of gas hitting records each day, it is a bonus to own this car.

I love the 5 speed stick shift.

The only thing I would want to improve upon is the interior design. It's a bit stuffy, but that is just me.

Great car for the Money
By Charlie

2000 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon

I have had this car for 3 years: No big problems.

This is a easy car to drive: No blind spots; and good power for a 4 cylinder.

I Love My Nubira
By Susan

2000 Daewoo Nubira SE 4dr Sedan

Last year I purchased a used Daewoo Nubira 2000 SE with 72,000 miles on it. It has been a great car! The only negative thing I've noticed is that the gas mileage is not as good as I expected. After having it over a year I'm very happy with it!

Exterior styling, and dependability.

Better MPG.

Daewoo Dilemma
By xoloitzquintle

2000 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon

I purchased a Daewoo after driving one as a rental in Europe. It is a great car: reliable, well-performing, and well designed. The only problem is that Daewoo left the US market after bankruptcy making service at times difficult. Fortunately I have had no problems with the car and needs little service. I have driven the car cross-country three times. It has a comfortable ride and performs well under all conditions.

Rear defrost also defrosts outside mirrors. Very spacious - both passangers and cargo. Good acceleration power.

GM, which bought Daewoo motors and runs it abroad, should bring the brand back to the US (it sells Daewoo cars under the Chevorolet label).