2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Nubira model:
165,650 and still going strong
By sinclair_00 on 03/09/11 07:55 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

11 years and 165,650 miles later, and I still love my Daewoo Nubira SE. It has not left me stranded, and has only overheated twice, once when my water pump died at 152,500, and then when the original radiator cracked at 162,350. Other than that just your basic repairs, if you take care of it it will return the favor. I really wish GM, Suzuki and the unknown third partner had bought the US division and kept it in business because it would have been nice to see where Daewoo could have gone in today’s market. Especially with the fuel prices of today. The best investment was swapping the bad Hancook tires for BF Goodrich Traction T/A tires; it has improved the ride, performance and MPG of the Nubira. This car is definitely a keeper, if not for a daily driver then for a perfect backup vehicle and will be used to the very end which according to my mechanic could quite possible be another 50,000+ miles.

Love the Daewoo
By jimmie on 06/21/10 13:02 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

In the 10 years I've owned my Nubira I've had only a handful of repairs that were needed, until this year. In Feb of this year a piece of the stainless steal exhaust system rusted out, and then 2 weeks ago the water pump dies, spraying Antifreeze on the timing belt, and then last Friday the Oil pump died. With the exception of those 2 things, and my A/C condenser rusting out, I would highly recommend this car to anyone. It now has 152,500 miles on it, and was bought brand new in 2000 with only 30 miles on it. It is still very comfortable on long trips both freeway and city, and has always started right up, no matter how cold the WI winters are. I wish GM kept this brand in business here.

the woowoo
By jon daewoo on 12/30/09 06:53 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

I got this used as a graduation car after driving it while in school. I've had very few problems with it beyond normal wear and tear. I consistently get outstanding mileage with it: I got over 40mpg coming back from TX to KS last winter. The "power" feature is nice for when you want a sportier feel/acceleration and for driving long, climbing stretches (lots of hills). Very comfortable to drive and handles great. The speaker system puts out impressive quality for being a smaller car. My only issue is an oil leak that is hard to fix because there are no dealers anymore.

Did what I needed.
By shaung973 on 07/29/09 12:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used (very used) as I needed a cheap and economical car. I was driving a V-8 LTD and facing long summer commutes. Drives and handles just fine. No power, but that was to be expected. It was well used and not too well maintained when I bought it, as the price I paid suggested. I have kept regular oil changes and tune ups. I did have to put in a new transmission - like I said badly maintained rather than bad product. It has no resale value so I plan to drive it until it falls apart, which is what I do with most my vehicles anyway. Has some vibration in the front end at high speeds, but all older cars do. Only downside is finding a mechanic who will work on it, parts are still reasonable

My First Car
By newh1323 on 12/25/08 22:01 PM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

I've driven dozens of cars since I've owned this one and I find enjoyment in it every time I take the wheel. It's very peppy from 0-40 mph but accelerates timidly after that. Using it as a delivery car has been smooth sailing and long road trips are easily tackled by this vehicle. It's kind of a rare car wherever you go and parts are nothing short of a scavenger hunt but with appropriate maintenance, the thing is a survivor. It has come with its share of problems though. The CD player and A/C had to be replaced a few years after purchase. Any other difficulties with the car have been due to low quality electrical parts (power windows). It's a respectable first-car to run into the ground.

Wow, what a car!
By robsawriter on 06/13/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used from a friend. I had no idea that what I was getting would be so fun to drive, get such great fuel economy and these days with the price of gas hitting records each day, it is a bonus to own this car.

I Love My Nubira
By Susan on 04/04/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Last year I purchased a used Daewoo Nubira 2000 SE with 72,000 miles on it. It has been a great car! The only negative thing I've noticed is that the gas mileage is not as good as I expected. After having it over a year I'm very happy with it!

So Much For That...
By Shelberz on 10/16/05 04:06 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

$3,000.00 USD worth of repairs within 3 months. I'm freaking out in anticipation of what’s next. I feel ashamed for purchasing this vehicle.

a good daewoo
By rmart on 07/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

60,000 + miles and still going strong!!!!

purchased used
By sojona12 on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Nubira Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used. It had a couple of dents in it, but nothing major. I thoughtit was reasonably priced . Now hopwever, in our state our inspections are stricter and this car being new as it is(2000) doesn't pass. With the company being now defunct, it is not easy obtaining parts for it as it would be with any other vehicle. I think this should be something for anyone thinking about purchasing one to think about. There are only so many places to get parts and no one to dealer to call to ask questions.