Used 1999 Daewoo Nubira Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Daewoo Nubira - Consumer Reviews

1999 Daewoo Nubira

View reviews for a specific Nubira model:

very good car
By daewoo man

1999 Daewoo Nubira SX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in Aug. 2005. It has been a very good car. It now has 66000 miles on it. I have replaced the water pump though. Also the car was pulling when I push the gas and go around corners; I researched it and found that the bushings behind the front tires needed to be replaced. Overall this car has been great; the re-sale value is horrible though because of the company going out of business. The car has proven to be reliable, gas mileage around 24-26 mpg. It has very good power and pick up compared to most 4 cylinders I have driven. I would recommend it to anyone

Favorite Features

It has a power button on the automatic shift lever that when you push it, it makes the car shift at a higher rpm. I thought this was cool giving you more torque when needed. Seats are comfortable. Good economy car.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the re-sale value wasnít so low. In case I ever wanted to sell it I would lose money but itís a car I could easily keep till it dies and be happy with it. Itís difficult to adjust the seats tilt and up and down (itís a circle knob you have to turn rather then just pulling a lever).

Very happy with it
By Works good

1999 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Wagon

Bought new, and it's been good to us. We had a few minor issues: the timing belt snapped at 40k and thank goodness it was still under warranty. Other than that, only minor interior gripes: Overhead hand grip screw covers fell off, and the backlight went out on the environmental controls. Tires from stock were not the best. We are starting to develop a little corrosion on the aluminum roof rack, but after 6 years - not unexpected.

Favorite Features

Seats, we tried a dozen different cars and these were the most comfortable. Solid at speed: car handles well at freeway speeds. Good visibility throughout.

Suggested Improvements

The seat adjust dial has got to go. The plastic components in the cab could be more robust.

Garbage
By Barbara

1999 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Hatchback

Bought this car new. After warranty expired, had nothing but problems. What went wrong early on: CD player, air conditioning, ABS, heater cores (had to be replaced twice!), windshield wipers, alarm, head gasket. Struts seemed to wear out quickly. That's what I can remember off the top of my head, apart from normal maintenance! Spent thousands keeping this piece of rubbish on the road. That is, when we were able to get the parts. Because it sometimes took days for parts to arrive, we would have the added expense of renting a car. In a way, it didn't do too badly..finally retired it 4 days ago after 154,000 miles (bought new Honda Civic - love it so far!). DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Came with lots of bells and whistles, but many packed in after the warranty expired.

Suggested Improvements

Stop manufacturing it!

Not bad for the price.
By Mike5584

1999 Daewoo Nubira SX 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used for $3000. Manual, only had 29k miles on it at the time. First week, needed new engine, water pump, timing belt, etc. Since then, needed few other parts, but for the price I'm paying, I really can't complain. You get a lot for your money.

Favorite Features

Seats are pretty comfortable. Decent room. Quicker than I expected. 0-60 for 5 speed maual says 10 sec, but I've been clocked to just under 8 seconds stock.

Suggested Improvements

PARTS! I've found some aftermarket parts after the dealer said my parts were under the warranty I purchased, but they would take 3 months to get. Lighter clutch. Easier way to adjust the seat.

Sorry it went bankrupt
By ccarlo

1999 Daewoo Nubira CDX 4dr Sedan

I have the 5 spd tranny, avg 32mpg, I have had it up to 45mpg travelling cross country. Nice acceleration when switching back to full cruise. Topped out at 122mph (not that I ever did this) can use a rear spoiler for better control. Had to replace RT lower contol arm, replaced timming belt @ 50K since I live in Alaska. Overall a good car IMHP.