Used 2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Daewoo Leganza - Consumer Reviews

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:

Things started out good.
By AudoribleAudrey

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a couple of years ago with 70k, now we are at 111k and the car's engine TICKS like crazy! We have always done preventive maintenance (oil changes,timing belt, etc.) and the car keeps having issues. The air conditioning also went out (was perfectly ice cold for the first year I had it). My husband does like the power button, but I never use it. I wouldn't buy another Leganza.

Favorite Features

The power button, the styling

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality engine and AC system

Falling Apart
By rienna

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I still enjoy driving this car--peppy, if a little slow to accelerate--but in the past year it's been in for major repairs (price wise) roughly every 6 weeks, and parts have to be ordered from GM and shipped from SOUTH KOREA. Problems started at roughly 80k, am at 93k now and they just keep getting bigger and harder to get parts for.

Favorite Features

Comfortable driver's seat, nice stereo, handles well (IMO)

Suggested Improvements

Plastic parts are made for toys--replace with something more durable.

Crazy about my Woo
By Cheryl

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my car. I like it's styling (it can hold it's own among newer/more expensive cars), it is fun to drive (power button is cool), and it has been very reliable. The only major parts I've had to replace is an alternator and a timing belt.

Favorite Features

Power button, sound system, air pressured hood, power driver's seat

Suggested Improvements

Leather is not soft (but that's so minor), better fuel efficiency.

only buy if you need a shootin car
By sasparila

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

bought it at 54000 mi and 1 mo. later sensor went. SO i give a tune up but this car just had it out for me ...I always kept up on oil changes , radiator flush transmission fluid change etc. but it didn't matter all in all about 3 sensors, a radiator, head gasket ($1100 just for that), not to mention the handles on the inside where a fake plastic chrome so they pealed n cut any one who touched them , the dash came apart from a few hot days melted the cheap glue.Every part was really expensive..Only ONE dealership would service it in the whole state of Wisconsin due to it being discontinued. oh yeah had to redo the whole break system except for the lines. trani went at 91000mi

Favorite Features

wood grain, sunroof even though that broke to eventually, leather.

Best car ever
By DaveWoo

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This was the best car I've ever owned, including Cadillacs, Saabs, etc. The CDX had leather, sunroof, nice sound, fun to drive, FAST, and many things I could figure how to fix myself and I'm not mechanical. I got from 28-32 mpg using premium fuel. Unfortunately, someone hit me and I totaled it. This car would have easily gotten me to 200k miles if some jerk on a cell phone hadn't been late for her flight and trying to hurry. I am now about to buy a 2000 CDX.

Favorite Features

I got it in 2003 w/23k miles and drove it until 159,621... over 130k! The gas mileage was much better than expected. Find these cars with low miles and in good care and you'll be able to put many miles on them if you treat them right!

Suggested Improvements

Make sure you change the tensioner belt and pulleys (idler pulley too) every 60k. Those who don't end up with problems. Those that do, are happy customers. My CHECK ENGINE light stayed on at about 77k (cam sensor/02) but was never a problem.