2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:
Things started out good.
By AudoribleAudrey on 08/20/10 09:52 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a couple of years ago with 70k, now we are at 111k and the car's engine TICKS like crazy! We have always done preventive maintenance (oil changes,timing belt, etc.) and the car keeps having issues. The air conditioning also went out (was perfectly ice cold for the first year I had it). My husband does like the power button, but I never use it. I wouldn't buy another Leganza.

Falling Apart
By rienna on 11/09/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I still enjoy driving this car--peppy, if a little slow to accelerate--but in the past year it's been in for major repairs (price wise) roughly every 6 weeks, and parts have to be ordered from GM and shipped from SOUTH KOREA. Problems started at roughly 80k, am at 93k now and they just keep getting bigger and harder to get parts for.

Crazy about my Woo
By Cheryl on 06/24/09 20:49 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my car. I like it's styling (it can hold it's own among newer/more expensive cars), it is fun to drive (power button is cool), and it has been very reliable. The only major parts I've had to replace is an alternator and a timing belt.

only buy if you need a shootin car
By sasparila on 04/24/09 01:16 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

bought it at 54000 mi and 1 mo. later sensor went. SO i give a tune up but this car just had it out for me ...I always kept up on oil changes , radiator flush transmission fluid change etc. but it didn't matter all in all about 3 sensors, a radiator, head gasket ($1100 just for that), not to mention the handles on the inside where a fake plastic chrome so they pealed n cut any one who touched them , the dash came apart from a few hot days melted the cheap glue.Every part was really expensive..Only ONE dealership would service it in the whole state of Wisconsin due to it being discontinued. oh yeah had to redo the whole break system except for the lines. trani went at 91000mi

Best car ever
By DaveWoo on 07/07/07 09:56 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This was the best car I've ever owned, including Cadillacs, Saabs, etc. The CDX had leather, sunroof, nice sound, fun to drive, FAST, and many things I could figure how to fix myself and I'm not mechanical. I got from 28-32 mpg using premium fuel. Unfortunately, someone hit me and I totaled it. This car would have easily gotten me to 200k miles if some jerk on a cell phone hadn't been late for her flight and trying to hurry. I am now about to buy a 2000 CDX.

EXTREMELY UNDER-RATED SEDAN *LOVE IT!
By QUALITYCOUNTZ2003 on 05/19/07 20:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Love my Leganza. The unique euro styling catches plenty of attention, the gas mileage is fantastic (I choose driving it over my Rendezvous any day). Went through a minor accident and came out amazingly well. (The other car was totaled!) This car never should have been taken off the market, reliability is SUPERB. The only negative I've had with this car is the fact that when they stopped producing Daewoo in the U.S. my warranty disappeared into thin air. All in all, buy this car - it's a steal.

I love my Leganza!
By sarahbeth on 03/14/07 05:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I really appreciate the styling and comfort with this vehicle. It may not have the most power, but it is fuel efficient, and comfortable to drive. Plus, it has a really sleek look, so I feel more comfortable parking next to my co-workers "nicer" cars.

The best car ever
By Lulu on 07/05/06 12:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I don't understand why pople do not trust this car. This is the best car I ever had.

Daewoo Leganza is the BEST value vehicle
By Brigitte on 05/10/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for over 3 years and have nothing but VERY good remarks for it. I bought it as a left over on the lot from previous year. The car's engine is very powerful for the type of vehicle; I can pass almost ANYONE. There are also special features like the hold and power buttons on the transmission which come in handy for passing and merging using power and getting out of snow using the hold. It is great on gas mileage, it still holds between 32 -35 mpg. I have only had to fix normal things like brakes and oil changes. We use this as our family vehicle and have taken trips with it in the past. I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone needing a good car at a GREAT price.

Disaster Waiting To Happen
By Nick on 09/06/05 13:47 PM (PDT)

Poor.