Used 2000 Daewoo Leganza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Daewoo Leganza - Consumer Reviews

2000 Daewoo Leganza

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:

Best car ever!!
By stottsy

2000 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my sister about five years ago. Sometimes she indicates she would like it back. There is no way she is getting it because I am driving it until the wheels falls off. It has more than 120,000 miles on it. It needs some cosmetic repair. However I haven't had much more than routine repair such as tires, brakes and oil changes. It is too bad they do not make anymore.

Favorite Features

The car may be 12 years and has more than 120,000 miles on it but it has never failed to start. It has the original radio and CD/tape player and it still sounds brand new. The gas mileage is pretty good. The A/C works great.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard should have been glued to the base better. It is starting to seperate. The fuse cover and the ashtray in the back seat won't stay in place. The leather on the driver's seat needs repair. However I just got some covers for the seats which has worked out just fine.

Great Car! Don't be afraid
By Jswids

2000 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

Had this car for 8 yrs and had minimal problems. Repair shops will give you the run around if you don't know anything about cars. I can get practically any part for this at the local Autozone. If a mechanic won't touch it you need a new mechanic. He/she should be able to fix anything and it's not rocket since. This car has 4 wheels and an engine just like every other car on the road. Much easier to work on than a VW for sure. I had my doubts when my wife bought it in 2002 but it has been a great vehicle and at 10 years old it looks amazing, is dependable, and cost us practically nothing to own. Great car! Too bad Daewoo went under here.

Favorite Features

Styling, dependability, and I maybe spend $150/yr on any maintenance. Much better than $300/month on a car loan.

Suggested Improvements

Better public relations with Daewoo or at least GM who bought them out.

Drive away fast
By Jerry

2000 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

I bought a the car at 103,000 mile the car need a new windshield a new water pump a new radiator and new muffler all things were replace except the muffler and the car brakes down on me at 104,488 miles. Don't buy any Daewoo. I repeat don't buy the car!

Favorite Features

getting towed

Still running strong
By Ed

2000 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and was disappointed by not being told the brand was going belly up by the dealer. Other than that the car has 132,000 miles on it and still runs and drives great.No major problems and I've never gotten bored with the car. I drive it 66 miles round trip to work and it has never left me stranded.I'll drive it as long as it goes. Love the heated mirrors a godsend in Michigan winters and the styling.The cup holders are to small for more than a can of pop.

Favorite Features

I love the heated side view mirrors and styling.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power and better cup holders.

DAEWOO CRITIC
By ROBERTO VASQUEZ

2000 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

This is one of the better cars that I have driven. The ride is very enjoyable, and the automatic transmission is quick to shift and peppy for a four cylinder engine. I like the style and the way it looks outside and inside. The music system is superb and I like the cassette/cd combination. The only letdown is the lack of information on the different parts and where they were manufactured.Information on specifications and a shop manual would be greatly appreciated, since nobody knows the workings of all the different parts and availability for purchasing parts that require replacement and or repair. Diagrams of the various parts would be very useful as would be availability

Favorite Features

The combination CD/CASSETTE feature is very appreciated as is the cruise control and windshield/washer control accessibility.