2000 Daewoo Leganza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:
Best car ever!!
By stottsy on 05/11/12 02:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my sister about five years ago. Sometimes she indicates she would like it back. There is no way she is getting it because I am driving it until the wheels falls off. It has more than 120,000 miles on it. It needs some cosmetic repair. However I haven't had much more than routine repair such as tires, brakes and oil changes. It is too bad they do not make anymore.

Great Car! Don't be afraid
By Jswids on 07/02/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

Had this car for 8 yrs and had minimal problems. Repair shops will give you the run around if you don't know anything about cars. I can get practically any part for this at the local Autozone. If a mechanic won't touch it you need a new mechanic. He/she should be able to fix anything and it's not rocket since. This car has 4 wheels and an engine just like every other car on the road. Much easier to work on than a VW for sure. I had my doubts when my wife bought it in 2002 but it has been a great vehicle and at 10 years old it looks amazing, is dependable, and cost us practically nothing to own. Great car! Too bad Daewoo went under here.

Drive away fast
By Jerry on 05/20/10 16:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

I bought a the car at 103,000 mile the car need a new windshield a new water pump a new radiator and new muffler all things were replace except the muffler and the car brakes down on me at 104,488 miles. Don't buy any Daewoo. I repeat don't buy the car!

Still running strong
By Ed on 01/27/10 10:59 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and was disappointed by not being told the brand was going belly up by the dealer. Other than that the car has 132,000 miles on it and still runs and drives great.No major problems and I've never gotten bored with the car. I drive it 66 miles round trip to work and it has never left me stranded.I'll drive it as long as it goes. Love the heated mirrors a godsend in Michigan winters and the styling.The cup holders are to small for more than a can of pop.

DAEWOO CRITIC
By ROBERTO VASQUEZ on 07/06/09 19:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

This is one of the better cars that I have driven. The ride is very enjoyable, and the automatic transmission is quick to shift and peppy for a four cylinder engine. I like the style and the way it looks outside and inside. The music system is superb and I like the cassette/cd combination. The only letdown is the lack of information on the different parts and where they were manufactured.Information on specifications and a shop manual would be greatly appreciated, since nobody knows the workings of all the different parts and availability for purchasing parts that require replacement and or repair. Diagrams of the various parts would be very useful as would be availability

Farewell to my road partner
By LongDistance on 05/24/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Laganza brand new in Feb 01. I had only 3 cars before her yet none as good. Never had any major problems, only recently the dealership that serviced her closed and there was no one reliable to take care of her. The other week the timing belt snapped. So now I lay her to rest ... If there was another one out there I'd buy it today - the best car I've ever had. Farewell Silver Bullet

Not bad for the money
By Joshua on 02/27/06 11:49 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

I was a little hesitent about buying a daewoo after all the problems I have heard that people have, but for $1,300 it wasnt that bad. bought car with 90k on it, and has a little over 94k. No problems, maybe a little oil leak, but all is well, and the "POWER" feature doesnt work. Great gas milege, about 400 miles per tank. leather a bit stiff and seats really offer no comfy position. Dont recomend driving far in this thing cause not comfy, but around town its good. Engine takes a while to warm up for it to shift into 4th, CD player and sound system average. A few quirks here and there, but thats to be expected. Even if the car goes another 30,000 miles,i believe that is well worth the $1,300.

Great Little Korean Car for a good price
By Ravuun on 11/16/05 13:07 PM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

This car has lots of room for backseat passengers, plenty of trunk space, and even a decent stock stereo speaker system. It packs a lot of get-up-and-go, and seems like it wants to go faster! Despite weird little problems, such as the malfunction indicator light malfunctioning, you can't beat the Daewoo Leganza for the price! We do a lot of driving between Bellingham, WA and Seattle, WA, and this car has taken the wear and tear beautifully.

turned into maintenance nightmare
By Weaver on 07/28/05 10:51 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

Bought car new 1/2000 and got rid of 1/2005. Maintenance costs escalating.... after 2003 Only 1 dealer left in 100 mile radius who would touch it and EVERYTHING was special order. Couldnt even go to regular muffler shop like Midas, Meineke...Exhaust system cost me over $800. First 50k miles great, but if you are buying one used with 60-80k, get evidence of new timing belt or DONT BUY IT!!! Replaced at 65k with other items, I caught just before it gave out, dealer had 3 others in with blown engines...Daewoo seemed to have designed this to blow up 5000 miles after powertrain warr.expired. Often check engine light issues as well. Gas mileage started to deteriorate rapidly after 70-75k mi

My God - What a car!
By Ali E on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

Being a construction engineer, I knew of Daewoo's high quality in heavy earth moving equipment. Over the past 20 years I've owned a Buick Lesabre, a Mitsu Galant, and a Honda Accord. All new. I must say that these auto these brands - along with others - are probably relieved that Daewoo is no longer around. In my considered experiance, this Leganza CDX is indeed better than any other car I have ever owned, on many fronts. The styling, handling, ride and build quality, features and duribility are supurb. I purchased mine for $16,999. In contrast, I remember a Saturn (with far fewer features less power and sloppy ride) with a sticker price of $24,789!!