1999 Daewoo Leganza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:
2001 Leganza
By Penelope on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

I went from a Ford Taurus into a Leganza. The Leganza is easy to drive, almost like a toy car and has pickup and speed that I didn't expect. My one and only complaint is there is no armrest/support for your elbows. The console is too low to lean your arm on when you are driving and the seat seems to sit up too high (yes I have adjusted it every which way I can). Other than that the car seems to run like a top and I hope it will continue.

You get what you pay for...
By BIG DAVE 1 on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

I bought my car new in December 1999 from Madison Square Chrysler and Daewoo, Huntsville,Alabama. Over all I have had ok service out of it. Two problems Daewoos are experiencing and I had to pay for the repairs out of my pocket. 1)Fuel gauge quit working. Parts & labor $ 140.00 2) Brake Light Switch quit working. Car will NOT go into gear. Parts & labor $ 53.00 The main thing that owners are going to be upset about is RESALE VALUE!!! I have had it just over 2 years and have tried to trade it but I've been told (by car dealerships) that Daewoos DO NOT hold any value and no one wants a used one. SO BUYER BEWARE!!! YOU WILL HAVE TO EAT A LOSS IF YOU BUY A DAEWOO.