1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:
Cheaply built // HORRIBLE fuel economy !
By photolarry on 05/15/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SX 4dr Sedan

Bought my Leganza SX in August 2009 hoping that this sub-compact would be easy on gas like a typical asian-built car ( 2 liter , 4 cylinder ). I do lots of driving (short 30 minute highway drives multiple times a day) and the gas consumption is HORRIBLE , my friend with a Infiniti I30t (6 cyl) and a Mustang LX 5.0 v8 gets better mileage than this car !!!! This is NO Honda/Nissan or Toyota !!! The car "feels" cheap , mass-produced and frail. Handling is loose and sloppy and the motor/steering feels like it's laboring at higher speeds. All in all , like the old saying goes , "You get what you paid for" ; it's no wonder these used cars are cheap to purchase ! Expensive parts ! STAY AWAY !

I'm Lovin' It
By LJGotsDaewoo on 06/23/07 22:47 PM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Okay, so when people think of Daewoo they think of microwaves. This car is so much better. It was the best $26000 I spent back in 01. I love the styling, I think it looks better than a Jaguar. And me, I'm a big girl and the seat fits. The stereo is lovely. I love the bass. The fuel economy is excellent too. It usually averages 22 combined. I love my Daewoo and I will never sell it. My baby's baby's will have this car. They need to bring Daewoo back. They are good looking powerful cars. I love this car!

The Price was Right
By Ylonn Cherry on 11/23/05 16:12 PM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle because it provided luxury accommodations for a low price.

A superb machine for the money!
By ikrasov on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a used vehicle (Daewoo has stopped producing vehicles for North American market for now) that will last you at least another 5 years with minimal mechanical failures, then the Leganza is a perfect vehicle for you. Daewoo's Leganza is one of the most reliable vehicles out there with room inside to seat 5 in as much of or more comfort as Camry or Accord would provide.

Can't get any better for the price
By ajukerFC on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

I got the CDX brand new for 10K, and i've got 67K miles and going strong. i can't really complain about too much except that fixing will cost a lot from now on.

The Daewoo Experience
By Jess Portwood on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

This car has been completely satisfying to this point. It is a nimble fun car to dry. It handles like a much more expensive car. Its just a shame that they are being discontinued in this country. G.M. would be wise to replace some of their clunkers with this car, that for the money can't be beat.

The car from hell.
By Chris79 on 10/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

it's caught fire. it's on it's second engine. all before 30k car has been completely awful. many small parts go wrong, all the time. may need new transmission! atleast daewoo gave me an extended warranty before they went out of business.

Outstanding Value
By Dave Bee on 08/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Outstanding value in an Accord/Camry sized vehicle. Extremely reliable, comfortable, well built vehicle. Will absolutely buy another one - Daewoo has a winner here.

A Best Buy
By hkufahl on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

I now have over 40,000 miles on this car and still enjoy driving it. It has been a great car, for a small amount of cash. I had the brakes replaced at 32,000 and the rear wheel bearings at 36,000, but under warranty. All maintenance was covered for the first 36,000 miles, including oil changes.

Great value
By rgreene on 06/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Leganza Sedan CDX 4dr Sedan

This vehicle represnts a great value. It is the best looking vehicle in it's class.