Used 1999 Daewoo Leganza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Daewoo Leganza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Leganza model:

Cheaply built // HORRIBLE fuel economy !
By photolarry

1999 Daewoo Leganza SX 4dr Sedan

Bought my Leganza SX in August 2009 hoping that this sub-compact would be easy on gas like a typical asian-built car ( 2 liter , 4 cylinder ). I do lots of driving (short 30 minute highway drives multiple times a day) and the gas consumption is HORRIBLE , my friend with a Infiniti I30t (6 cyl) and a Mustang LX 5.0 v8 gets better mileage than this car !!!! This is NO Honda/Nissan or Toyota !!! The car "feels" cheap , mass-produced and frail. Handling is loose and sloppy and the motor/steering feels like it's laboring at higher speeds. All in all , like the old saying goes , "You get what you paid for" ; it's no wonder these used cars are cheap to purchase ! Expensive parts ! STAY AWAY !

Favorite Features

Interior modern and roomy , nice body shape

Suggested Improvements

Everything else...wait , no wonder Daewoo is bankrupt !

I'm Lovin' It
By LJGotsDaewoo

1999 Daewoo Leganza SE 4dr Sedan

Okay, so when people think of Daewoo they think of microwaves. This car is so much better. It was the best $26000 I spent back in 01. I love the styling, I think it looks better than a Jaguar. And me, I'm a big girl and the seat fits. The stereo is lovely. I love the bass. The fuel economy is excellent too. It usually averages 22 combined. I love my Daewoo and I will never sell it. My baby's baby's will have this car. They need to bring Daewoo back. They are good looking powerful cars. I love this car!

Favorite Features

I love the looks, the power, the interior, the features, the gas mileage, everything!

The Price was Right
By Ylonn Cherry

1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle because it provided luxury accommodations for a low price.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, audio system, gas mileage, comfortable ride, fog lights, retractable antenna.

Suggested Improvements

Can be expensive to maintain because of replacing parts and repairs and service. Great car for the money, but not worth the maintenance.

A superb machine for the money!
By ikrasov

1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

If you are looking for a used vehicle (Daewoo has stopped producing vehicles for North American market for now) that will last you at least another 5 years with minimal mechanical failures, then the Leganza is a perfect vehicle for you. Daewoo's Leganza is one of the most reliable vehicles out there with room inside to seat 5 in as much of or more comfort as Camry or Accord would provide.

Favorite Features

Leganza's dash board design is originally designed and looks great (take a look at other stock mid-size sedans and you'll know what I mean). Leganzas come with a premium Sony system, beating the Japanese competitors. The Leganza is a comfortable and a fun ItalDesign sedan to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The one thing that Leganza lacks is power, although it is the German engineered Daewoo engine, the 132 horse power is not enough to give you that push from stand still. However, 150 lb.- ft. of torque is more than enough to compete with the rest inline 4's.

Can't get any better for the price
By ajukerFC

1999 Daewoo Leganza CDX 4dr Sedan

I got the CDX brand new for 10K, and i've got 67K miles and going strong. i can't really complain about too much except that fixing will cost a lot from now on.

Favorite Features

great interior, lots of goodies.

Suggested Improvements

stronger engine, heated seats...the model in korea has them, i dont' know why they didn't bring that over.