Used 2001 Daewoo Lanos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

2001 Daewoo Lanos

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

Most Helpful|
What a great little car!
By diggin_mole

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Lanos Sport. It is the best car one can get for the money. Where else can you get CD, leather, a/c etc... for this price? It also has an enormous amount of space for both passengers and cargo for a car this size. I have yet to find something I can't fit in it. It also gets great gas mileage and on top of all this it is really a cute little car. I love it!

Favorite Features

I really like the sporty two tone leather interior and the abundance of cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

The only changes I would make are the additions of a little power and a tach. It can be a little sluggish especially with the a/c in use.

my daewoo
By boxmeow

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car to use during winter times so i can store my other car during winter. its a good car. no aftermarket parts for it though. rotors warped within first 3000k dealer refuses warranty work. the car is good but i hate the dealership i bought it from. they dont honor their warranties it seems. good thing that im a mechanic.

Favorite Features

very nice interior

Suggested Improvements

could use more power

good car
By s.craft

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only problem with my Daewoo is my radio will not work since I changed my battery. I called the service department. They gave me some codes, none of them worked.I do not get it! How will the thief know the radio will not work when they steal it? Will they really bring it back? HELP!! sc/Love my Daewoo!

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is wonderful.My Daewoo is comfortable and easy to handle on the road.

Suggested Improvements

I need to know I am protected well when on the road. My insurance company says Daewoo gives one the least protection on the road. Which makes my insurance really HIGH!

Great Experience my first time around
By RACH

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car (my first) I was very skeptical, but I have never regretted it for a minute. I have had my 'woo for almost three years and it has never broken down, and has only needed its regular maintenance. I've driven it across the Midwest at least three times, and from Missouri to New York and back without a care. The only issue I have had to deal with was a recall on a small part in the engine, which was replaced at no cost. It is very easy to drive, and runs just fine in winter weather. Stinks that parts are getting scarce if I do have a break.

Favorite Features

Seat adjustments are nice for short ladies like me, and the gas mileage is great. Another thing I've always loved is that my car can't be locked from the outside on the driver's side without the key, so I never lock myself out.

Suggested Improvements

The cupholder blocking the stereo seems to be an issue with many owners. Also, I am concerned about the safety of my vehicle if I was in a wreck. I know it's not done well in that area.

Not that great of a car.
By Vash

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car breaks down when ever it wants, the mpg is not that great, i can go from corbin to london and have a full tank and it is on half. The handling is fine... but over all this car stinks, you cant find parts for it most of the time, if you need a part for it... good luck... i could not find a damn thing on it. So please get a car that you can fix if you break, cause this car is not going to do you any good if something breaks, the transmission codes on it cant be read on most gauges.... Good luck to all that has one.

Favorite Features

The body is fine... thats about it.

Suggested Improvements

Air conditioning, Parts for the damn thing...