2001 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
Get One While You Can
By Simon Marchant on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

What a great little car. Fun to drive, room in the back for adults, great gas mileage, reliable and inexpensive. If you want one get it now while dealers are selling them off with huge discounts. I got mine at 50% off of sticker, brand new. A couple of quick modifications will knock almost 2 seconds off of the 0-60 time. Very pleased. Good build quality and comfortable to travel around in.

Small car for a big guy
By Bert on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm 5 foot 9 inches and weigh in at 305 pounds. I recently test drove a 97 Saturn SL1, a 96 Chevy Lumina, a 95 Buick Skylark, a 99 Ford Escort, and the 'woo. Guess which one is the *only* one I fit into comfortably, *without* benefit of tilt-wheel. Yup. I slide in and out of the Lanos like it's a Lincoln. Unbeleivable. I can even ride comfortably in the back. the 2001 Lanos was also the least expensive of the above cars, and only had 5700 miles, leftover warranty, and plenty of options. A perfect used car, if you can find someone willing to part with theirs.

What a great little car!
By diggin_mole on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Lanos Sport. It is the best car one can get for the money. Where else can you get CD, leather, a/c etc... for this price? It also has an enormous amount of space for both passengers and cargo for a car this size. I have yet to find something I can't fit in it. It also gets great gas mileage and on top of all this it is really a cute little car. I love it!

Lanos
By Hank Frederick on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great performance, but difficult to get parts replacements.

Great
By wilo on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Lanos is a more faster and perform better than the RIO or the Accent/Brio boht on the city or the highway and the interior and exterior quality is better. The suspension and ride quality are the same of a Toyota Echo(2001) with a good fuel econo.Putting some aftermarket stuff on the car will make it even better.

My New 4 Door Lanos
By S.King on 02/28/02 14:41 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my new Dawoo Lanos S 4 door about 1 month ago.I would recommend anyone buying one.This is a great car,cheap payments,great gas mileage,great interior features and body lines.Loaded car cd cassette,all power for about the same price as what I could have bought a used car for.The warranty is excellent.I love this little car.Great for a family of 3 such as mine.