2001 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
2001 Lanos Sport Review
By djohn76 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The most BANG for your buck! Only wish it got a little better gas milage. But overall excellent performance, style and for the money, comfort. Its too bad that Generous Motors had to pull the plug on the American Based portion. For a large company, they sure were scared of a small company making a dent in their precious sales. I will never buy another General Motors product again.

my daewoo
By boxmeow on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car to use during winter times so i can store my other car during winter. its a good car. no aftermarket parts for it though. rotors warped within first 3000k dealer refuses warranty work. the car is good but i hate the dealership i bought it from. they dont honor their warranties it seems. good thing that im a mechanic.

Don't Rely on Reliability
By Shane Centers on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned this car for 2 years, and it has been one big piece of hell! The fuel injectors keep clogging, and Budget keeps making on us by using the cleaning solutions to clean them, $89.99 each time for 3 times, and we have to keep fighting to use the warranty to replace the injectors. Sound system for factory is awesome, but just dont depend on its reliability.

GREAT LITTLE MOTOR
By MADMIXOLOGIST on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

aN INEXPENSIVE COMPACT CAR WITH FEATURES THAT ARE UNBEATABLE AT THAT PRICE, ALLTHOUGH DAEWOO USA WENT BELLY UP. GM HAS A HUGE STOCKPILE ON PARTS AND ARE PLANNING 2 NEW MODELS NEXT YEAR UNDER THE CHEVY NAMEPLATE MADE BY DAEWOO

Good, for now...
By Daewho? on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car since 2001 with only 28 miles on it. I know have over 40,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had with it is replacing the upper coolant hose & O ring. Not bad, but I had to overnight the parts, otherwise it would take 4-5 days just to get the part. Plus, my dealrhsip doesnt deal with Daewoos anymore so if I need a repair I have to go somewhere else, and Daewoo dealers are getting scarece. I do enjoy the size, as I am in Chicago and parking there is tough, but not for me! And you cant beat $13 for gas each week, and I drive well over 200 miels a week.

inexpensive transportation
By Bulldog260 on 06/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car is very reliable. The air is cold and is comfortable for 5 passengers. The trunk is spacious enough to toss in golf clubs, etc.

2001 daewoo lanos
By bob bullard on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

been a joy. absolutely no maintaince, gets me down the road with no problems or complaint. i would buy another if they were available

Ahead of the Pack
By sharklover on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The 2001 Daewoo Lanos is a great car in so many ways. It's inexpensive, gets good gas mileage, is fun to drive (believe it!), and best of all, has the get-up-and-go of cars that cost a whole lot more. I drive 70 miles round-trip to work every day, and most of that is at speeds of 70-85 mph. My Lanos has no problem keeping up with (and passing) other cars on the road.

I LOVE my Daewoo
By Kris10 on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my lil hatchback. This is my first car, and I am lucky enough to find a new car that is affordable and reliable. Not only do I look good in this car, but it takes me where I need to go and doesn't eat up a lot of gas. There is nothin that I enjoy doing more that cruisin' around in my Lanos!

Enjoying this vehicle
By NICELANOS on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I'm grateful purchasing this car. I can't find a vehicle that I would pay $238.00 with ZERO down for 60 months. This car, I have found. Now it has almost 25K miles on it and hope it will last me for another 3 years cuz I drive across states between DC and CA 2 times a year during the break and school year. Let's see. NO PART REPLACED OR REPAIRED SINCE BOUGHT THE VEHICLE.