Used 2001 Daewoo Lanos Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

Great Experience my first time around
By RACH

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car (my first) I was very skeptical, but I have never regretted it for a minute. I have had my 'woo for almost three years and it has never broken down, and has only needed its regular maintenance. I've driven it across the Midwest at least three times, and from Missouri to New York and back without a care. The only issue I have had to deal with was a recall on a small part in the engine, which was replaced at no cost. It is very easy to drive, and runs just fine in winter weather. Stinks that parts are getting scarce if I do have a break.

Seat adjustments are nice for short ladies like me, and the gas mileage is great. Another thing I've always loved is that my car can't be locked from the outside on the driver's side without the key, so I never lock myself out.

The cupholder blocking the stereo seems to be an issue with many owners. Also, I am concerned about the safety of my vehicle if I was in a wreck. I know it's not done well in that area.

Good car but has a lot against it
By dustyn12

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought this car and although it was in fairly rough condition when I bought it, it was a good value for the price. They really cheaped out on parts of the car like the visors, controls as well as other areas that wouldn't hurt to of improved a little bit more. Stereo is great but the cd player will start the song over if turned off and the track up button sometime goes down instead of up. The cupholder blocks the cd player and buttons are often hidden. Stereo is mounted low. Overall is a great car for the price, just make sure you find an incredible deal like I did.

Style, price, seat comfort, cassette/cd player, interior design.

Loud, cheap headliner/visors, cheap controls, lack of dealer, and lack of availability of antilock brakes and/or 4 wheel disc.

good car
By s.craft

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only problem with my Daewoo is my radio will not work since I changed my battery. I called the service department. They gave me some codes, none of them worked.I do not get it! How will the thief know the radio will not work when they steal it? Will they really bring it back? HELP!! sc/Love my Daewoo!

The gas mileage is wonderful.My Daewoo is comfortable and easy to handle on the road.

I need to know I am protected well when on the road. My insurance company says Daewoo gives one the least protection on the road. Which makes my insurance really HIGH!

the red bubble
By Damien

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our family purchased the vehicle new in Sept. 2001. It had 2 miles upon delivery. The vehicle was used to commute 5 days a week from Sussex NJ to Wayne NJ. The upper half of motor was rebuilt at around 75k. Timing chain snapped and damaged motor. The odometer is creeping up on 100k. The air is still cold, it still drives in a straight line and only had 3 alignments in 4 years. The original fuel pump is still pumping. The automatic transaxle still shifts smoothly with nearly 100k. My friends liked it as much as I do and I wish more people appreciated the car. It's a great car! If they were still available for sale in the US I would go buy another brand new one.

The body design.

More leg room.

I Love My Daewoo!
By Momma_84

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the Lanos, Daewoo for less than a month. I really like the car because the size, comfort, and style. It only takes $20.00 to fill it up. The gas mileage is great. I get around 23-28 miles to gallon and on long trips I'm sure I'll get even better. The steering is very tight and when ever you turn the wheel you better make sure you want to turn then because that's what you are going to do. I just like the over all experience that I have had with my car already.

The looks, even though it may be a small car it looks like a very expensive model. I love the gas mileage!

I would like to see the ride a little more comfortable. It can be a little bumpy.