2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
the red bubble
By Damien on 09/29/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our family purchased the vehicle new in Sept. 2001. It had 2 miles upon delivery. The vehicle was used to commute 5 days a week from Sussex NJ to Wayne NJ. The upper half of motor was rebuilt at around 75k. Timing chain snapped and damaged motor. The odometer is creeping up on 100k. The air is still cold, it still drives in a straight line and only had 3 alignments in 4 years. The original fuel pump is still pumping. The automatic transaxle still shifts smoothly with nearly 100k. My friends liked it as much as I do and I wish more people appreciated the car. It's a great car! If they were still available for sale in the US I would go buy another brand new one.

Daewoo Lanos Sport 2D
By Beaz on 02/01/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! It's fun and it looks great. Not to mention the approximately 28 mpg I get with all the driving that I do. Awesome!

2001 Lanos Sport Review
By djohn76 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The most BANG for your buck! Only wish it got a little better gas milage. But overall excellent performance, style and for the money, comfort. Its too bad that Generous Motors had to pull the plug on the American Based portion. For a large company, they sure were scared of a small company making a dent in their precious sales. I will never buy another General Motors product again.

my daewoo
By boxmeow on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car to use during winter times so i can store my other car during winter. its a good car. no aftermarket parts for it though. rotors warped within first 3000k dealer refuses warranty work. the car is good but i hate the dealership i bought it from. they dont honor their warranties it seems. good thing that im a mechanic.

GREAT LITTLE MOTOR
By MADMIXOLOGIST on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

aN INEXPENSIVE COMPACT CAR WITH FEATURES THAT ARE UNBEATABLE AT THAT PRICE, ALLTHOUGH DAEWOO USA WENT BELLY UP. GM HAS A HUGE STOCKPILE ON PARTS AND ARE PLANNING 2 NEW MODELS NEXT YEAR UNDER THE CHEVY NAMEPLATE MADE BY DAEWOO

Good, for now...
By Daewho? on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car since 2001 with only 28 miles on it. I know have over 40,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had with it is replacing the upper coolant hose & O ring. Not bad, but I had to overnight the parts, otherwise it would take 4-5 days just to get the part. Plus, my dealrhsip doesnt deal with Daewoos anymore so if I need a repair I have to go somewhere else, and Daewoo dealers are getting scarece. I do enjoy the size, as I am in Chicago and parking there is tough, but not for me! And you cant beat $13 for gas each week, and I drive well over 200 miels a week.

What a great little car!
By diggin_mole on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with my Lanos Sport. It is the best car one can get for the money. Where else can you get CD, leather, a/c etc... for this price? It also has an enormous amount of space for both passengers and cargo for a car this size. I have yet to find something I can't fit in it. It also gets great gas mileage and on top of all this it is really a cute little car. I love it!

Great
By wilo on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Lanos is a more faster and perform better than the RIO or the Accent/Brio boht on the city or the highway and the interior and exterior quality is better. The suspension and ride quality are the same of a Toyota Echo(2001) with a good fuel econo.Putting some aftermarket stuff on the car will make it even better.