Used 2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

Great Value car
By dustyn12

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Daewoo Lanos has been really good. The seats are really nice and very comfortable although ride is fairly rough. Mine has the cassette/CD combination stereo that is very nice for the price and has a large colorful display but the track up button does not work and does not remember where you are on a song when turned off. Although I do wish that the car had larger visors. Performance is actually a little understated and does really well considering the small engine size. Overall I would definitely recommend this car.

Cassette/CD player, seats, value.

Larger sun visors.

Good car but has a lot against it
By dustyn12

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought this car and although it was in fairly rough condition when I bought it, it was a good value for the price. They really cheaped out on parts of the car like the visors, controls as well as other areas that wouldn't hurt to of improved a little bit more. Stereo is great but the cd player will start the song over if turned off and the track up button sometime goes down instead of up. The cupholder blocks the cd player and buttons are often hidden. Stereo is mounted low. Overall is a great car for the price, just make sure you find an incredible deal like I did.

Style, price, seat comfort, cassette/cd player, interior design.

Loud, cheap headliner/visors, cheap controls, lack of dealer, and lack of availability of antilock brakes and/or 4 wheel disc.

good car
By s.craft

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only problem with my Daewoo is my radio will not work since I changed my battery. I called the service department. They gave me some codes, none of them worked.I do not get it! How will the thief know the radio will not work when they steal it? Will they really bring it back? HELP!! sc/Love my Daewoo!

The gas mileage is wonderful.My Daewoo is comfortable and easy to handle on the road.

I need to know I am protected well when on the road. My insurance company says Daewoo gives one the least protection on the road. Which makes my insurance really HIGH!

the red bubble
By Damien

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our family purchased the vehicle new in Sept. 2001. It had 2 miles upon delivery. The vehicle was used to commute 5 days a week from Sussex NJ to Wayne NJ. The upper half of motor was rebuilt at around 75k. Timing chain snapped and damaged motor. The odometer is creeping up on 100k. The air is still cold, it still drives in a straight line and only had 3 alignments in 4 years. The original fuel pump is still pumping. The automatic transaxle still shifts smoothly with nearly 100k. My friends liked it as much as I do and I wish more people appreciated the car. It's a great car! If they were still available for sale in the US I would go buy another brand new one.

The body design.

More leg room.

Daewoo Lanos Sport 2D
By Beaz

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! It's fun and it looks great. Not to mention the approximately 28 mpg I get with all the driving that I do. Awesome!

The sporty, 2-tone leather interior is probably my favorite. Plus, I get a tape deck and CD player.