2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
Great Value car
By dustyn12 on 06/03/07 15:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Daewoo Lanos has been really good. The seats are really nice and very comfortable although ride is fairly rough. Mine has the cassette/CD combination stereo that is very nice for the price and has a large colorful display but the track up button does not work and does not remember where you are on a song when turned off. Although I do wish that the car had larger visors. Performance is actually a little understated and does really well considering the small engine size. Overall I would definitely recommend this car.

Good car but has a lot against it
By dustyn12 on 11/29/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought this car and although it was in fairly rough condition when I bought it, it was a good value for the price. They really cheaped out on parts of the car like the visors, controls as well as other areas that wouldn't hurt to of improved a little bit more. Stereo is great but the cd player will start the song over if turned off and the track up button sometime goes down instead of up. The cupholder blocks the cd player and buttons are often hidden. Stereo is mounted low. Overall is a great car for the price, just make sure you find an incredible deal like I did.

good car
By s.craft on 04/18/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only problem with my Daewoo is my radio will not work since I changed my battery. I called the service department. They gave me some codes, none of them worked.I do not get it! How will the thief know the radio will not work when they steal it? Will they really bring it back? HELP!! sc/Love my Daewoo!

the red bubble
By Damien on 09/29/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our family purchased the vehicle new in Sept. 2001. It had 2 miles upon delivery. The vehicle was used to commute 5 days a week from Sussex NJ to Wayne NJ. The upper half of motor was rebuilt at around 75k. Timing chain snapped and damaged motor. The odometer is creeping up on 100k. The air is still cold, it still drives in a straight line and only had 3 alignments in 4 years. The original fuel pump is still pumping. The automatic transaxle still shifts smoothly with nearly 100k. My friends liked it as much as I do and I wish more people appreciated the car. It's a great car! If they were still available for sale in the US I would go buy another brand new one.

Daewoo Lanos Sport 2D
By Beaz on 02/01/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! It's fun and it looks great. Not to mention the approximately 28 mpg I get with all the driving that I do. Awesome!

2001 Lanos Sport Review
By djohn76 on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The most BANG for your buck! Only wish it got a little better gas milage. But overall excellent performance, style and for the money, comfort. Its too bad that Generous Motors had to pull the plug on the American Based portion. For a large company, they sure were scared of a small company making a dent in their precious sales. I will never buy another General Motors product again.

my daewoo
By boxmeow on 12/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

bought the car to use during winter times so i can store my other car during winter. its a good car. no aftermarket parts for it though. rotors warped within first 3000k dealer refuses warranty work. the car is good but i hate the dealership i bought it from. they dont honor their warranties it seems. good thing that im a mechanic.

GREAT LITTLE MOTOR
By MADMIXOLOGIST on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

aN INEXPENSIVE COMPACT CAR WITH FEATURES THAT ARE UNBEATABLE AT THAT PRICE, ALLTHOUGH DAEWOO USA WENT BELLY UP. GM HAS A HUGE STOCKPILE ON PARTS AND ARE PLANNING 2 NEW MODELS NEXT YEAR UNDER THE CHEVY NAMEPLATE MADE BY DAEWOO

Good, for now...
By Daewho? on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car since 2001 with only 28 miles on it. I know have over 40,000 miles on it and the only problem I have had with it is replacing the upper coolant hose & O ring. Not bad, but I had to overnight the parts, otherwise it would take 4-5 days just to get the part. Plus, my dealrhsip doesnt deal with Daewoos anymore so if I need a repair I have to go somewhere else, and Daewoo dealers are getting scarece. I do enjoy the size, as I am in Chicago and parking there is tough, but not for me! And you cant beat $13 for gas each week, and I drive well over 200 miels a week.

2001 daewoo lanos
By bob bullard on 04/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

been a joy. absolutely no maintaince, gets me down the road with no problems or complaint. i would buy another if they were available