2001 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
Best car ever
By leothelion89 on 05/23/14 08:01 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car since it was new. Bought it right off the showroom floor in October of 2000. In the 14 years of owning it its only needed minor maintence. In 2001 and in 2002 it needed brakes both times as the factory brakes were defective from the beginning. It needed more brakes in 2009 when a mechanical failure occured. In 2008 it needed a new battery the OEM battery lasted 8 yrs, In 2013 it needed brake lines and a brake hose and in 2014 it needed a new thermostat. All in all this car is great it is dependable and it has lasted most of 14 years on just oil changes. Only problem ive had with it is the fact the A/C never worked from the getgo

LoveALanos
By MyLanos on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 4A)

I was interested in a hyundai excel until i test drove the daewoo lanos and fell in love. It is a great little car, and the only thing i have replaced in the 4 years i have had it is the battery.I am glad i went with daewoo now as a friend bought the hyundai excel and has had nothing but probs with it.The daewoo lanos is better on fuel, has less road noise, and is actually faster, and to top it all off our family of four fit perfectly in it. Greatest purchase i ever made.Even the hubby(ford ute man) loves to drive it and i have trouble getting the keys back off him! The only problem i have found is the headlights arent that great, even after putting better globes in but all up,i love my lanos

Not that great of a car.
By Vash on 06/14/09 16:53 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The car breaks down when ever it wants, the mpg is not that great, i can go from corbin to london and have a full tank and it is on half. The handling is fine... but over all this car stinks, you cant find parts for it most of the time, if you need a part for it... good luck... i could not find a damn thing on it. So please get a car that you can fix if you break, cause this car is not going to do you any good if something breaks, the transmission codes on it cant be read on most gauges.... Good luck to all that has one.

Great Value car
By dustyn12 on 06/03/07 15:57 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Daewoo Lanos has been really good. The seats are really nice and very comfortable although ride is fairly rough. Mine has the cassette/CD combination stereo that is very nice for the price and has a large colorful display but the track up button does not work and does not remember where you are on a song when turned off. Although I do wish that the car had larger visors. Performance is actually a little understated and does really well considering the small engine size. Overall I would definitely recommend this car.

Great Experience my first time around
By RACH on 01/24/07 08:43 AM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought the car (my first) I was very skeptical, but I have never regretted it for a minute. I have had my 'woo for almost three years and it has never broken down, and has only needed its regular maintenance. I've driven it across the Midwest at least three times, and from Missouri to New York and back without a care. The only issue I have had to deal with was a recall on a small part in the engine, which was replaced at no cost. It is very easy to drive, and runs just fine in winter weather. Stinks that parts are getting scarce if I do have a break.

Good car but has a lot against it
By dustyn12 on 11/29/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought this car and although it was in fairly rough condition when I bought it, it was a good value for the price. They really cheaped out on parts of the car like the visors, controls as well as other areas that wouldn't hurt to of improved a little bit more. Stereo is great but the cd player will start the song over if turned off and the track up button sometime goes down instead of up. The cupholder blocks the cd player and buttons are often hidden. Stereo is mounted low. Overall is a great car for the price, just make sure you find an incredible deal like I did.

good car
By s.craft on 04/18/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My only problem with my Daewoo is my radio will not work since I changed my battery. I called the service department. They gave me some codes, none of them worked.I do not get it! How will the thief know the radio will not work when they steal it? Will they really bring it back? HELP!! sc/Love my Daewoo!

the red bubble
By Damien on 09/29/05 17:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Our family purchased the vehicle new in Sept. 2001. It had 2 miles upon delivery. The vehicle was used to commute 5 days a week from Sussex NJ to Wayne NJ. The upper half of motor was rebuilt at around 75k. Timing chain snapped and damaged motor. The odometer is creeping up on 100k. The air is still cold, it still drives in a straight line and only had 3 alignments in 4 years. The original fuel pump is still pumping. The automatic transaxle still shifts smoothly with nearly 100k. My friends liked it as much as I do and I wish more people appreciated the car. It's a great car! If they were still available for sale in the US I would go buy another brand new one.

I Love My Daewoo!
By Momma_84 on 05/10/05 02:57 AM (PDT)

2001 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had the Lanos, Daewoo for less than a month. I really like the car because the size, comfort, and style. It only takes $20.00 to fill it up. The gas mileage is great. I get around 23-28 miles to gallon and on long trips I'm sure I'll get even better. The steering is very tight and when ever you turn the wheel you better make sure you want to turn then because that's what you are going to do. I just like the over all experience that I have had with my car already.

Daewoo Lanos Sport 2D
By Beaz on 02/01/05 14:59 PM (PST)

2001 Daewoo Lanos Sport 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car! It's fun and it looks great. Not to mention the approximately 28 mpg I get with all the driving that I do. Awesome!