2000 Daewoo Lanos Consumer Review: Daewoo = Zero problems

2000 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Review

S 2dr Hatchback (1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Daewoo = Zero problems
By Phil on

2000 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback

I owned this car for 4 1/2 years without ever having a single problem. It had 30,000 miles on it when I bought it and I used synthetic oil the whole time which is a no-brainer for any car. Granted I only drove about 5000 miles a year, but the car was the picture of reliability. The new Subaru WRX actually looks like a Lanos. The style still looks good today and there is plenty of leg and head room. Did I get lucky and get a trouble free car? From what I've read, I suppose that is possible. All I know is that I would buy another one in a heartbeat and would recommend it to anyone who wants an inexpensive, reliable car. The chassis was designed by Porsche...yes that Porsche.

Favorite Features

At 55mph, I got 42 miles per gallon. The hatchback is great and there's room to spare. The car was designed by Porsche and it shows. The car corners like a sports car. Cheap to insure, cheap to drive. The reliability is flawless. Love the rear window wiper. Seats are very supportive.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of a single thing. The car is bullet proof. Maybe more power, but that would cut into the gas mileage which is world class. They should start building and selling these cars again...if Subaru likes the design enough to make their 2009 $35,000 WRX look like a 2000 Lanos that says it all.