2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
Excellent Car, But...
By Tricia Edwards on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

So far, the experience with my Lanos has been excellent, other than three things. #1.) The passenger seat seatbelt gets too tight as the car travels and refuses to loosen if you pull the strap. #2.) The air conditioning unit appears to leak water inside on the passenger side floor. #3.) The chrome colored paint is coming off the hubcaps. Other than these three items, I am very satisfied with the excellent performance of my vehicle.

Excellent compact car
By Yoon Kim on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

This is an excellent compact car

excellent for the money
By csantini on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

I got more than I expected for what I paid. Has 28,500 miles, never had any problems, changed oil and filters at the required maintenance schedule. The pain peel off the hub caps, the dealer gave 4 newones at no cost. Gets 32 mpg in the winter and 35 mpg in the rest of the year, and that's average, 30%town and 70% hway. Has a GM engine built in Australia.

WE LOVE MY LANOS
By nascargal4lile on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

My husband is 6'3" and I'm 5'3" we both fit in this car. He has more than enough head room and sufficient leg room. I have no blind spots due to my lack of height! It is reliable and extremely responsive. With the overdrive button I have passed V-8 cars on the highway. I will be giving my daughter my car when she turns 18 because its that safe. Then I'll buy another one!