Used 2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

the WooWoo..
By Greyflash

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car , after my Honda Civic was stolen, not knowing it was a corporate orphan. Nevertheless, It has a better radio (4 spkrs) than my Civic, rear windows pop out, & seats are most comfortable. I had the windows tinted, & installed sheepskin seatcovers. It has been a great car, & dependable. Only expenses in a year & 1/2 are two tires (Fr.), new battery, & wiper blades!

Cornering, like a snake!, AC always cold (in AZ.)

gas mileage!

Daewoo 2000 Lanos S Hatchback
By Leif

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

As a second vehicle to my BMW 740i, I've used this vehicle as a get around town car, and it has performed well without any major problems. It has some hard working 22,500 miles on it. The only problem associated with it has been the headlight connections burned out on each side. A trip to the dealer took care of the problem before Daewoo closed their doors. Roomy for it's size and a wonderfully cold air conditioner has been appreciated. The ride is a bit rough on torn up streets, but it isn't rattling and noisy while driving. It keeps up with the traffic and parking is a breeze. The paint is still glossy and clean after years of being in the elements.

The 1.6 engine has been without fail. I'm generally satisfied with the car, although parts might be a problem later.

Seats are adequate but they could use more support on the lower back area. The plastic interior in the fit and finish department needs more attention to quality, but then again - it wasn't built for luxury. It's functional.

I love my litter bug!!!
By FLAVIA

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have this car for about 3 1/2 years and I only have had minor problems due to the normal use, and unluckly with this car since I had a accident 6 months after I bought it, but the Daewoo dealer took care of everything, and basicly they rebuilt my car and I could not believe it still drive perfect with no noise and no problems ...And so far I had only change oil, tires, and brake pads. But the only thing I don't like is the noise that my car make and when accelate with the AC it loses power. I would buy it again if they had 2005/06, because I would not sale my car before then, there is no need, it is a excellent economic car car

Best $9000 I've ever spent
By palmer

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

This car has not given me any problems whatsoever. It's fun to drive, surprisingly roomy, fairly good on gas, and offers a lot of features for an unbelievably low price. I live in South Carolina and I've driven this car to New Jersey, Alabama, Florida, and Washington DC without any problems. I've kept the car properly maintained and it has never let me down. Of course, a Daewoo Lanos Hatchback is NOT a BMW 5-Series, but for $9000, I definitely got more than my money's worth. Great car!

The sheer amount of cargo room that you can get by folding the rear seats up is great. I also like the stereo and intermittent wipers, features that are optional on other cars, but standard on the Lanos. The Lanos' cornering ability is unbelievable.

Sometimes it's not easy to shift into reverse or 2nd gear with the manual transmission. The acceleration could be improved (especially when going uphill), but it's certainly acceptable.

Best $9000 I've ever spent