Used 2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

Wow
By jidasas

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Wow, all I heard when buying this car was that it was a mistake but I have not regretted owning this car once. I bought it used with 40,000 miles on it in 2003. I now have 128,000 miles on it and have only had one problem (a wire came loose from the loom and melted and had to be replaced). I am pleased with the car overall although I believe a little more power would have been nice on the interstate. I performed all maintenance before or at the required time and I believe that is the key to the longevity of these cars.

Roomy hatch area, good interstate gas mileage.

More power, relocate the cupholder to a place that does not interfere with the radio.

Lemon and Piece of Junk
By Lemon Picker

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

This is the worst car in the world. I got this car after it had only 9K miles. Drove it for a while and all sorts of problems. Where do I start? First of all, it's not a very economical car and uses a lot of gas for its size. No power and it's very embarrassing to drive uphill especially if you have a couple of passengers. It acts like it has a motorcycle engine. Dashboard constantly shows Check Engine light which is very annoying. Battery dies constantly. I think there is major electrical issues with this car. Avoid this car at all cost people!

None.

Everything.

Better than expected
By Bobby

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

I have this car for more than 5 years. The most expensive repair was under $100, so I consider it to be very reliable. It's peppy, fun to drive, easy to make U turns in one lane, or park in small space. I would recommend it to everybody, except for the lack of dealerships and spare parts (although the spare parts seem to be easier to get hold off recently).

Fun to drive, can load huge items through the hatchback.

No clock on a dashboard. They added it to 2001 models.

Expensive Trouble
By unhapper owner

2000 Daewoo Lanos Hatchback S 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with 65,000 miles as a poor college student with high hopes after looking at all these positive reviews, but my experience has been anything but positive. I bought it for only $2,800, but have had to put literally half that into repairs. With only 72,000 miles on it, the engine had to be replaced because a piston broke. It was quite the ordeal to find someone with a used engine because parts for the Daewoo are not even being made anymore and very few people in the US are familiar with the cars.

For being made in the year 2000, this car should have cruise control, power locks and windows, a digital clock inside, and a CD player would be nice.

Excellent value!
By RobertsT

When I bought my Lanos brand new, I was
looking for a low-maintenance, highly
fuel economic vehicle that I could
afford during college while only having
a part-time job. Four years later, I
would still be driving it if I were not
a mother who needs space for a carseat!

I have the manuel 5-speed: good pick-up- and-go! LOTS of space in the trunk, for a hatchback, and much more passenger room than most other compact cars.

A clock in the dashboard in the base model would have been nice.