2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT ASAP
By iliad on 06/05/06 06:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

REPLACE YOUR TIMING BELT ASAP. The belt will go down before 50,000 miles. And it will ruin you engine. leave you with 16 bent valves. Almost all Daewoo cars have this problem. The quality of the belt is really poor and the repair cost will be more expensive than the value of the car. The rubber parts of this car are really weak.

Great reliable car!
By Dmitriy from Raleigh on 01/17/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This is a great reliable car! I have been driving it for 6 years and it has 98,000 miles on it. I didn't have any problems with it other than replacing a thermostat recently. I have a 5-speed manual transmission and recommend it to everyone. It's fun to drive and gives you full control over the car. It also has great gas mileage and a lot of room for the driver and a front passenger (I am 6'3" tall). Yes, it is harder to get parts for it compared to let's say Chevy or Ford, but it is not that hard as many people think. You can easily find any part online if a local body shop doesn't has it and it's going to be much cheaper as well.

Great car until there is a problem
By frances1078 on 05/19/05 09:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This is a great car at a great cheap price. I paid $4,000 dollars for my this car and it has taken me cross country on several occassions. I enjoy this car but when something goes wrong it's hard to find someone that will look at it and hard to find parts to fix it.

Decent
By Jimmy Herrmann on 04/07/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

good gas mileage, no big issues yet, runs great, could be a little bigger, good trunk size

Not as bad as they say
By Ron on 02/28/05 23:48 PM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

This car didnt get the good reviews it deserved. I have owned this car for a little over 5 years and its been a reliable and very fuel efficent ride. I might buy me another one cause there so darn cheap right now!

2000 Daewoo Lanos
By Timbo1 on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I am very pleased with my purchase, I have bought 2 of these cars and love it. The cars are not worth to the dealers, but they are worth every penny to me, the buyer. They show a high class of every option and are very affordable to any person.

i love my little woo
By rich2000 on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

good style, good pick up, no anti lock brakes is my only real dislike. and its kinda hard to get parts for trhere fore more expensivev to fix when needed, but very reliable

Too bad Daewoo went bankrupt
By Diesel Power on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan SX 4dr Sedan

I just purchased my Lanos SX on Ebay about two weeks ago. I've put nearly 1,000 miles on it already. The car was a steal. $4350 for a LOADED three year old car with only 3,150 miles on it. It's too bad that Daewoo went under. I was expecting a slow car with the automatic tranny. Now I'm looking to install a cruise control to keep my speeds in check. Fit and finish is superb, the car is quiet on the highway. I've caught myself running upwards of 80 mph without realizing it. Fuel economy is in the mid 30's - again not bad for an automatic.

Buyer Beware!
By Jandreau on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

I'm glad that all these other people have had good results with their Daewoo's, but I have had nothing but problems. My car's engine keeps having power problems and nobody can fix it. Now I find out that Daewoo is bankrupt and due to the bankruptcy is not making anymore parts for their cars. If something breaks your local Daewoo dealer had better still have the part in stock because otherwise you will no be able to get the part. Be safe do not but a Daewoo!

Test drive it and you won't regret
By Los on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Daewoo Lanos Sedan S 4dr Sedan

A very good car even for tall drivers! Check it out!