1999 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:
My Daewoo Lanos Hatchback or 3 drs,
By William E. Lowe on 11/26/10 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SE 2dr Hatchback

I still have it and driving it. It a great car I turned in to a racer. So bsd they don`t sell it more in Puerto Rico. I had to do some changes because most of its part don`t sell it no more. Most of its part had to buy by the net to e-bay. Or get the from other cars at the Yunkers.

My Review Of the Deawoo Lanos
By thedeawoo on 01/05/10 19:55 PM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SX 2dr Hatchback

I have had it for two years. No major repairs. Only one minor repair. But the minor one of a hose. My mechanic said it was hard to get a hose He said luckily this was a minor repair but what happen if it becomes major. He said for this car parts are going to get hard and hard to find. This is the only reason why i am even considering selling it. It is such a reliably car only if you take care of routine maintenance, even then it cuts you a little slack. This is the best car and the least expensive car i have ever purchased, EVER. Don't worry about breaking down i can get in and go just about anywhere. Can park just about anywhere

Had Fun
By 99Daewoo on 01/10/09 21:48 PM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had a lot of fun with this car. It has saved me a lot of money in gas and oil. Great commuter car no problem.I think if you do the suggested maintenance you will have no problems. Most expense was I had the timing belt changed as suggested at 50,000 miles. With these engines that is a must. Just maintain the car as the book suggests.

Horrible Car
By MellyXCore on 01/01/07 15:11 PM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SX 2dr Hatchback

I would not recommend buying this car at all. It lasted 1 year. It's had a ton of maintenance problems. Many of the problems seem to be electrical. So far we've had to fix the transmission, replace the battery, and the car dies as soon as I put gas in it. The parts for the car are also cheap so everything will be falling apart within the first 3-5 months as I noticed. The windows get stuck when you try to roll them up. The sun roof doesn't work. It's very hard to keep clean. I thought this would be a first good car. I would definitely not recommend buying this or any Korean car.

Worst Purchase ever made in my Life
By Crystal on 09/29/05 00:34 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SE 4dr Sedan

I am so sick of problems with this car I can't even begin to tell my story but let just say out of the six years I have owned this junk I have only been able to drive this car for 3 years because I can't locate simple parts. BEWARE! I haven't put any mileage on this car in 3 years so I don't even know my annual mileage.

Great car
By toysrnez on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Lanos S 4dr Sedan

I wish the company was still in business-great car-no value!!

The Good and the Bad
By birdgs on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback

I love driving my little sport's car. I've put over 49,000 miles on it and don't worry about the transmission or engine. The car is very responsive. Since owning the car, I've had the battery replaced, and my air conditioning compressor has broke. It has been real hard find a salvage A/C compressor since I can't find brand new parts. Also, on windy days, the outside mirrors make terrible howling/whistling noises. Finally, I have a terrible rattle in the dash. It makes a lot of noise on all but the smoothest roads.

It's really not bad!
By experienceduser on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Lanos S 2dr Hatchback

I'd heard a lot of talking low about korean cars. But my daewoo lanos 99 surprised me. I bought it a pre-owned 3 years ago and have driven it over 36k. It never had a reliablity and quality problem. I recently drove it many times of long distance. It runs very smooth and accelates fast (imagine it's a 95hp small car!). It's actually fun driving it.

Zippy little car
By LanosGrrl on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SX 2dr Hatchback

On the whole, I have enjoyed having this car (almost 5 years now). It is a zippy little car, although it lacks punch in its acceleration - you can hear the poor motor strain sometimes. The "power" button is fun to use, giving the car a jump ahead, but eats up fuel when used. My husband doesn't like the poor safety ratings of the car, but (knock on wood) I haven't had to employ any of those features. I love the unique cloth on the seats - it's a cool pattern! Over all, it's been a good car with no major malfunctions. The only real downside: now it's difficult to find a dealer and parts, thanks to their bankruptcy proceedings in the US.

LANOSY MANOSY!!!
By LanosMan on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Daewoo Lanos SX 4dr Sedan

This car is the best buy for someone without a lot of money and wanting a reliable car. Plus the sticker was so cheap that it left me a lot of money to soup it up with 17s instead of the standard 12.5s it comes with. I haven't had a car this good since my Bronco.