Used 1999 Daewoo Lanos Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Daewoo Lanos - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lanos model:

My Daewoo Lanos Hatchback or 3 drs,
By William E. Lowe

1999 Daewoo Lanos SE 2dr Hatchback

I still have it and driving it. It a great car I turned in to a racer. So bsd they don`t sell it more in Puerto Rico. I had to do some changes because most of its part don`t sell it no more. Most of its part had to buy by the net to e-bay. Or get the from other cars at the Yunkers.

Features are good but I've change soon to make it look like a fast and furious car it still run fast.

I suggest if you want to make it more great make it an all wheel drive with turbo from factory. I will like to send pictures of it let you guys see what I did to it. I had it for more than ten years it still look new.

My Review Of the Deawoo Lanos
By thedeawoo

1999 Daewoo Lanos SX 2dr Hatchback

I have had it for two years. No major repairs. Only one minor repair. But the minor one of a hose. My mechanic said it was hard to get a hose He said luckily this was a minor repair but what happen if it becomes major. He said for this car parts are going to get hard and hard to find. This is the only reason why i am even considering selling it. It is such a reliably car only if you take care of routine maintenance, even then it cuts you a little slack. This is the best car and the least expensive car i have ever purchased, EVER. Don't worry about breaking down i can get in and go just about anywhere. Can park just about anywhere

Zips around Gas is great I'm 5' and its very accessible for a small person like me!

MAKE NEW PARTS STILL!

Had Fun
By 99Daewoo

1999 Daewoo Lanos SE 2dr Hatchback

I have had a lot of fun with this car. It has saved me a lot of money in gas and oil. Great commuter car no problem.I think if you do the suggested maintenance you will have no problems. Most expense was I had the timing belt changed as suggested at 50,000 miles. With these engines that is a must. Just maintain the car as the book suggests.

Great gas mileage.

Horrible Car
By MellyXCore

1999 Daewoo Lanos SX 2dr Hatchback

I would not recommend buying this car at all. It lasted 1 year. It's had a ton of maintenance problems. Many of the problems seem to be electrical. So far we've had to fix the transmission, replace the battery, and the car dies as soon as I put gas in it. The parts for the car are also cheap so everything will be falling apart within the first 3-5 months as I noticed. The windows get stuck when you try to roll them up. The sun roof doesn't work. It's very hard to keep clean. I thought this would be a first good car. I would definitely not recommend buying this or any Korean car.

None.

Worst Purchase ever made in my Life
By Crystal

1999 Daewoo Lanos SE 4dr Sedan

I am so sick of problems with this car I can't even begin to tell my story but let just say out of the six years I have owned this junk I have only been able to drive this car for 3 years because I can't locate simple parts. BEWARE! I haven't put any mileage on this car in 3 years so I don't even know my annual mileage.