2003 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
It gave me what I wanted
By kingofkings288 on 05/29/13 15:16 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with 130,000 on the clock, and would still be driving it if it wasn't for Hurricane Sandy. For a minivan, it did what I wanted: hauled my family and stuff in reasonable comfort for a relative minimum of maintenance hassle. Watch that underside-stowed spare tire: it rusts harder than granite. It drove less than confidently in snow. Had to have the exhaust manifold replaced at about 140,000, but otherwise required no serious work. Overall, it gave me what I wanted.

You get your money's worth.
By Mike Pastore on 01/22/10 10:14 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased car new in 2003, and now have 55,000 miles on the odometer. Car still has original brakes, tires and battery. This van has been problem free from day one. Easy to park and drive in the city, and on the highway you can lock the cruise control on 70 MPH, and the van rsponds effortlessly. There is very little wind or engine noise. Get's about 22 MPG on average. It's amazing how much stuff you can haul when you remove the 3rd row seat.

2003 Chrsler Voyager LX (Used)
By Dana Marder on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle as a replacemnt to a 2000 grand caravan sport that was a lemon. This vehicle though less fancy has more power and runs flawlessly. Althought the interior compared to most is sparse, all u need is there competent heat and AC and a very good compact disc player. I also opted for the child seats which my 4 year old loves.I bought this car with 29000 miles and it runs new!!!!

Great Van, Great Value
By avusblue on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We had a 1993 Voyager that was totally troublefree for 10 years. The new one is vastly improved in the areas of quietness, smooth ride, good power, and ease of access. Very comfortable highway cruiser and city commuter. Perfect compact size -- yet ample space inside. Overall, a great balance -- very comfortable, easy to live with, enjoyable to drive. Get past the "minivan image" and just enjoy what a great vehicle these are. Paid a shade under $20K for a fully equipped 3.3 "Popular Package" LX with ABS and CD/cassette as the only options.

Satisfied New Owner!
By cakakic on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth ride on the freeway, very minimal wind and road-seam noise. The frame absorbs most of the 'bang' and potholes from city driving (here in Tulsa we have some of the worst roads). Acceleration can seem a bit slugish at certain ranges but always has sufficient power to get you up to traffic flow in minimal time. Corners very well.

3rdVan
By FiveDoor on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

After five months we have had only one problem that remains unresolved. A sometimes noticeable slackness somewhere in the drivetrain which does not seem to effect driveability has not been found. Otherwise enjoy the van. Build quality does not seem quite as good as our 2000 was. Our two previous vans were both made in Canada. This one was built in the U.S.

Missing Important things
By msdania on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Popular 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car thinking that Chyrsler was a top rated vehicle. While I'm pleased with the overall car I found some things I don't like. First: I didn't buy the baseline but this 2003 does not have remote mirrors. What gives? Second: I have two bench seats. I can move the larger to the front, but the small one can't go into the back. Poor design! There were other things that were more my fault for not looking at better, but......ummm. Not a happy camper.