2003 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
Still going strong
By Kevin on 04/05/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Reliable car, runs well still. How much fun can a minivan be to drive, so I only gave it a 5. The baseline model could of used a few features like heated mirrors, power windows. Otherwise the exterior is a nice look. The stow and go seating would of been a nice touch. However the car is still going strong and I hope to take it over 100k before I begin to think about replacing it.

Wow...
By Doc on 01/19/10 12:48 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The van had a clean carfax, low miles, and checked out fine at auto shop. However, after 1200 miles from purchase, the transmission went out, had a complete rebuild done on it. now about 1200 miles later she is going into the shop again to get the transmission rebuilt again. Also, the alternator went bad, tie rods went bad, has a new electrical issue, and has just become a pile of junk we get to pay for.

Bad transmission
By Read this! on 07/24/09 07:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Transmission blew at only 79000 miles. We had xmission serviced at 48000. Engine has ping. Exhaust system has loud rattle they can't fix. Outside trim pealing back. Toher than these, we are satisfied with this vehicle. Oh, did fail to mention, I will never buy from Chrysler again!

Chrysler T&C - Junk
By Mark Tribbia on 06/05/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this 2003 van new because I didn't want to spend time getting a used car repaired. This van has been far less dependable than my 1989 Cadillac was. Five years, three transmissions, cabin leaking A/C, front brake repair three times, (locked caliper damage only 3 months after new front brakes installed), gas line issue, broken power window, factory tires were junk, CD broken, suspension repair required. And today, some weird high pitched humming noise. Should have kept the Cadillac.

It carries people, not much else....
By Paul on 10/04/07 20:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It doesn't take you long to realize this van was designed to do one thing - move people. The seats are not height adjustable. The engine is very underpowered. The gas mileage is average at best-around 22. The only real upside to the vehicle is the reliability. Also, the sound system is pretty good. Only had problems with the taillights falling off. You'd be hard pressed to pass an '82 corolla. You don't make turns so much as you roll around them. Four wheel disk brakes are optional as well as the ABS. It is unsafe, unkempt and poorly engineered; but remember it can carry seven people and has a cup holder for everyone. People wonder why American car companies are going down the tubes.

Very Happy at 38K, except...
By e-doc on 02/20/05 16:08 PM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

...a water leak somewhere in the dash. I'm a guy who recently inherited a new family via marriage. Went from a Toyota T-100 to the 2003 Voyager. Got a previously leased one for a song. I use it for multiple purposes...commuting (25 miles each way), travel, hauling. I was surprised! Actually has a sporty feel for a mini-van. Handles pretty well, I guess because of the short wheel base. Decent pick-up for a mini-van. Clean dash layout. Comfortable, too! Heavy seats don't bother me. Great value for the money. I compared it to the Town and Country; the latter was more luxurious but lumbered like a land yacht. Voyager is basic mini-van with value and so far, reliability (except for that leak).

So far so good!
By myvoyager on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Van has 18000 miles...so far no problems.....even had major accident wiping out whole drivers side...wife walked away from it...11,000 damage. Overall comfortable , convenient and with rebated was lowest priced van at the time of purchase, other than Kia Sedona. Didnt hear many good things about KIA. Very happy except when traveling on hill / mountain areas. 4 banger has no power except when u rev it to death....but compromise in power for MPG. Van steadily gets about 22 or better on road trips...got 27MPG on trip to Florida.

MY VOYAGER
By PAPA on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I HAD NO PROBLEMS IN ALMOST 8000 MLS. WIFE LOVES IT SO DO I AND GRANDKIDS.I AVERAGE 24 MPG ITS THE BEST NEW VEHICLE I HAVE OWNED. BETTER THAN THE TOYOTAS I OWNED BEFORE

Chrysler Hates Tall People!
By NOvan4me on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Chrysler Voyager LX Value 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has a pt cruiser and I drive the Van. Chrysler HATES tall people. And they especially hate tall overweight people. I have problems getting comfortable, hard to get in and out of. No where for my knees etc. If you do get this dog, GET a 6 cylinder, not 4 banger! No power! Transmission pops, clanks and scares me.