2002 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
A problem Minivan
By donf on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

After six months the power steering hose broke.The steering vibrated and couldn't be fixed after many new parts and several attempts.Now,after only 18000 miles the transmission isn't shifting right and is making noises.Im glad to have traded it in.

Paul
By Pratyush on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Great mini Van. Drove 40K miles so far in 2.5 years, 1st year was 24k miles, only the battery went dead once. I did regular oil change, and free tire rotation in SAMs/Costco. Fun to drive, lot more space, highly reliable, never had a problem so far. Big driving comfort, elbows are rested while you drive. I use only regular gas. Drove in heat and snow...in Texas and NJ, its built tough.

traveling van
By yorkstl on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager eC 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The overall look of this paticular van was appealing to me. I wasn't quite ready to give up having a car, but we travel with our two children and dog quite frequently. So we bought it. So far the van has been in the shop twice and both times has taken a week or so to fix. The first time it was due to the emergency brake not being able to disengage, which in turn caused all of the rear brakes to need replacing. The secong time it wasn't starting at all and it needs a new fuel injector part. I have been out of my new car for two weeks out of the one year I have owned it. Maybe I should have done some researc before buying this one.

Nice Vehicle
By RickGilly on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Voyager LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice, Like the power sliding door, If I were to buy again I would have had the dealer put in the Video System

9 trips to dealership since purchased
By Acosta on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Voyager LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Although the van is comfortable, roomy, and looks great, I have nothing but problems since I bought this van. We have had to bring it to the dealership 6 times for malfunctions with the air bag and the car has never even been in an accident. I question whether it will work when needed. The van also has had problems with the rear lock, side door lock, battery, air conditioner, and driver's side window. I certainly hope not all Chrysler products are this unreliable.

A darn good traveler!
By ArtM on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Of the four Chrysler Voyagers[86, 89, 99, 02] we have had, this 2002 beats even the 89 SE extended we drove for 11 years/110k miles all over the US, often towing a small popup camper. The 2002 has the the 3.3L engine/4 spd Auto, strong enough to pull our 82 Viking for 8 weeks/8000 miles, from Illinois to Virginia, then up the East Coast to the top of Newfoundland, then to Quebec, Toronto, Upper Michigan and Wisconsin, Minneapolis, and then home.

voyager
By char 2003 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've had too many problems with this vehicle. The abs brake system continues to cause problems.

Love this Van
By steve blum on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

This van is perfect. It handles well. It looks great, If there is any drawback, It's everybody has one. You can't be unique. I would buy this van again.

3 Dealer trips in 1st 600 miles
By Mike Nugent on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Replaced 96 Voyager that was totaled. i like the refinments especially to the ride and dipstick now the oil stays on stick. I had the air bag pretensioner replaced at 300 miles and a harness for the airbag at 600 miles. The dealer also fixed a popped out pies on the inner fenderwell. My last voyager went 119K with only a cv joint at 35K. It was reliable this one not sure. Ha 1200 miles now. 18MPG mixed driving 3.3 my 3.0 1996 24mpg avg.

Better than I thought
By Lurch on 03/12/02 22:24 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I was upgrading from a 1994 voyager, boy what a difference 8 years makes. They have come a long way in making the mini van a true pleasure to drive and own.