Used 2002 Chrysler Voyager Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

Fustrated
By Mark

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Good riding van. Not meant for tall people, I am 6'8". Everytime the van is taken in it is another $200-300 repair bill. I guess it is because of the high annual mileage but still it adds up.

Easy to drive, handles well. Gas mileage is OK but not great.

Better transmission. This van is plagued by the town & country curse of faulty valve stems $1300 for rebuild.

Chrysler Auto Trans Stink
By dadof3

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Everything was humming along smoothly for three years, until 68K miles. Then the tranny leaves my wife and three kids stranded on a country road. Luckily it was under warranty, but they rebuilt the old crummy tranny instead of putting in a new one. Predictably, a year later at 88K the torque converter locks up 150 miles from home. I have a 2000 Neon with a manual tranny that's one of the best cars I've ever owned, but I will never, NEVER buy another Chrysler product with an auto trans. I've read too many bad things about them. I can't trust a company that will not fix a widespread problem on one of its top-selling vehicles. That's a sign of a company that has contempt for its customers.

Lots of capacity. Good minivan overall MPG (22) in the 4 cyl with surprising acceleration, although it does struggle on an uphill interstate. Comfortable seats with easy ingress/egress. Base sound system is better than anyone else's. Climate control is great even without tinted windows.

Fix the bloody transmission problems! It's been 15 years or longer with this issue! Put some of that MB know-how into making a drivetrain stout enough for everyday family usage. There's no excuse not to.

nothing but troubles
By Unhappy_man

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Although the van is roomy and has the great outlooks, I have nothing but troubles since I bought it. I have had to bring it to the dealer 5 times for repair in the 1st year. Since I had the car 4 and half years ago I have being gone to dealership for more than 10 times for repair. Common problems include air bag, engine, emission and exhaust. Recently a possible transmission problem may occur because it begin to have a very rough downshift. It is my first Chrysler product and surely will be the last.

Outlook, connected 2nd row sits and color (darkgreen)

2.4 horsepower is too little for a van. can't even keep up the tranfic flow uphill

It is a good Van
By gabesgarage

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Purchased the 2002 used,from a dealer, to replace my 96 Voyager with 151,000 miles. The 2002 had 23,000 miles on it and was just what I was looking for.It has been very reliable and has many more creature comforts than my old van. It handles well, has decent performance and gas mileage. Two or three trips back to the dealer for a few minor repairs that were fixed right the first time.[recalls and noisey front brake rotors]I have had it a year and still enjoy eveything about it.

A/C that works,Dark tinted glass and DVD system for the kids.

Rear seats that are a little easier to get in and out without breaking your back[better handles and lighter]Glove box thats easier to reach for the driver.Parking brake release handle,too far under dash.Put it up higher like on the 1996 model.3.3V6 needs a little more punch. Rear disc brakes.

What a deal!
By kellypob

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

If you buy a Voyager, make sure you get the V6. This van is such a pleasure to drive. Comfortable seats, power windows and locks, cd player, vcr/tv, tinted windows, less than 26k miles, the works...all for under 11,500! I've only had it for a few weeks, so I can't really comment on the reliability yet...I'll keep you posted. I just couldn't see myself plopping down an additional 3-5k for a used Mazda, Toyota, or Honda.

The smooth ride and comfortable seats!

Stereo system is not the best I've ever heard, but it's not horrible either.