2002 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
great minivan
By mkrawczyk on 05/06/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

bought this van 6 years ago with 55000 mile gas mileage is good 18 city 24 hwy i have hauled everything in this van it has been the best van i have owned no major problems reg maint oil changed every 4000 miles i put lukus in trans at 56000 miles now has 133000 trouble free and 3 sets of frt brakes one battery if it ever stops running i will buy another.

Very Lucky
By lisad on 03/15/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

We bought this van when it was 3 yrs old, it has been so reliable. Once it hit 140,000 miles, we had to start replacing items; water pump, both front wheel bearings, rotors, valve cover gasket and transmission pump. Its now "brand new" again, no way i;ll get rid of it. This is so comfortable, sturdy and easy to drive. In town gas mileage is TERRIBLE, highway is great

Junk on wheels
By JUNK on Wheels on 01/30/09 21:42 PM (PST)

2002 Chrysler Voyager LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new and from the start it was junk. A tie rod broke. There was a total of 6 recalls before 36,000 miles on this van. The back windshield wiper is very slow and weak at moving, that you wonder when it will just stop working. The sway bar links and bushings are worn out every 6 months of driving due to the defective material that is used to save on cost. You drive down the road and it sounds like it is going to fall apart. The a/c unit smells bad for the first 15 min. They extended the warranty for up to 7 years, due to so many people having problems with this. I have own both a Chrysler and Dodge van and have had nothing but problems. My next van will soon be a Honda.

read and research before buying
By cross your fingers on 09/15/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I bought this van new in December 2002. I had 4 recalls and a number of other problems go wrong with this van. 1. power steering pump leaked. 2. The oil was mixing with the coolant. 3. the front right tie rod broke. 4. the a/c unit quit working. 5. The sway bar bushings wear out every 6 months due to the cheap plastic material that is used. 6. the rear windshield wiper takes five min. just to wipe once ( no lie). 7. The dash board indicator lights (park thru 1st.) gear all light up, so now you do not know what gear you are in. that is all in the first 3 years / 36000 miles and good luck getting anything fixed under warranty after that. I have bought one dodge and Chrysler, and will never buy anothere.

Don't Buy this piece of Junk
By Kelly on 08/14/08 13:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van new, soon after the drivers window stop working for 2 yrs, then the transmission went bad had to get rebuilt one, $1500 later, now the van shack bad and makes a clicking noise when you start and stop, and the electrical box I found out is all rested inside and so are my wires, they never sealed the box to keep moisture out, then my brake light and dash light were going off and on due to electrical, brakes feel really bad, every year were replacing them, but still it don't feel right, my van only has 66,000 miles on it, and all these problems. I will never buy a Chrysler again!Oh I forgot the ac hasn't worked in 2 years.

Fustrated
By Mark on 10/07/07 07:43 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Good riding van. Not meant for tall people, I am 6'8". Everytime the van is taken in it is another $200-300 repair bill. I guess it is because of the high annual mileage but still it adds up.

Chrysler Auto Trans Stink
By dadof3 on 08/22/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Everything was humming along smoothly for three years, until 68K miles. Then the tranny leaves my wife and three kids stranded on a country road. Luckily it was under warranty, but they rebuilt the old crummy tranny instead of putting in a new one. Predictably, a year later at 88K the torque converter locks up 150 miles from home. I have a 2000 Neon with a manual tranny that's one of the best cars I've ever owned, but I will never, NEVER buy another Chrysler product with an auto trans. I've read too many bad things about them. I can't trust a company that will not fix a widespread problem on one of its top-selling vehicles. That's a sign of a company that has contempt for its customers.

nothing but troubles
By Unhappy_man on 04/17/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Although the van is roomy and has the great outlooks, I have nothing but troubles since I bought it. I have had to bring it to the dealer 5 times for repair in the 1st year. Since I had the car 4 and half years ago I have being gone to dealership for more than 10 times for repair. Common problems include air bag, engine, emission and exhaust. Recently a possible transmission problem may occur because it begin to have a very rough downshift. It is my first Chrysler product and surely will be the last.

It is a good Van
By gabesgarage on 06/06/05 21:19 PM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Purchased the 2002 used,from a dealer, to replace my 96 Voyager with 151,000 miles. The 2002 had 23,000 miles on it and was just what I was looking for.It has been very reliable and has many more creature comforts than my old van. It handles well, has decent performance and gas mileage. Two or three trips back to the dealer for a few minor repairs that were fixed right the first time.[recalls and noisey front brake rotors]I have had it a year and still enjoy eveything about it.

What a deal!
By kellypob on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chrysler Voyager 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

If you buy a Voyager, make sure you get the V6. This van is such a pleasure to drive. Comfortable seats, power windows and locks, cd player, vcr/tv, tinted windows, less than 26k miles, the works...all for under 11,500! I've only had it for a few weeks, so I can't really comment on the reliability yet...I'll keep you posted. I just couldn't see myself plopping down an additional 3-5k for a used Mazda, Toyota, or Honda.