2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
Works for me
By ibnyussuf on 01/12/13 07:53 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Bought my 2001 late 2004 as the second owner, it had 40,000 miles on it. At 90,000 decided that doing preventative repairs would be cheaper than a new used car whose history I didn't know. Changed the shocks, struts/springs, rack & pinion steering, timing belt, tune up, radiator and transmission flush, brakes and a number of other things that escape memory. It now has around 103,000 miles and it is my primary transport. I am a single man and removed the bench seats and have used it for camping trips and hauling furniture. I also renovated my house and used this van to haul everything from Lowe's or Home Depot including sacks of cement. I have a love/hate relationship with this vehicle.

Chrysler> 2001 Voyager
By gapbasher on 11/25/12 20:42 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Buying this at 168,000 miles, for $2120 USD out the door ( tax, tag , and title) So far all I can tell its going to need is struts and an AC blower motor resistor. You can tell its the resistor because it only functions on high. Don't let a mechanic sock you with a new part! The body has some minimal rust in the usual spots. Over all the cargo and people space is great. The sound system is easily upgradable with 6x9's in the rear and front doors and an easy dash kit. Looks just like a town and country, but with a shorter wheel base (6"). So far I have had it 3 weeks with no problems and i tank of gas. I love the MPG., and the flex fuel option with my 3.3l v6.

ok
By turk on 01/02/10 09:58 AM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

bought car with 10,000 mi at 20.000 passenger power window stopped working. this van has had new stabalizer bars at 100,000 mi battery,alternator at 200.000 mi and now the transmission is shot. took my family safely around country 4 times pulling a u-haul trailer. i hate this van because i needed it just a little longer. born jan 2001 died jan 2010 cause of death transmission failure and many nagging ailments. 210,983mi.

Reliable van that grew with my kids!!
By MOTHER OF 4 on 08/30/09 09:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I've always loved my van, I bought it new. When my kids were small they always had enough space not to be "touching" each other. As they grew older the middle seats were taken out to accommodate their ever growing bodies. I've had no problems with it apart from the usual; battery, brakes, and tires until the a/c evaporator gave out at 100,000 miles, followed by the a/c compressor at 140,000 and two weeks later the a/c blower motor! Now at 147,000 miles the transmission has given up...I'm waiting for an estimate, sadly wondering whether it's worth keeping. For those of you who are thinking of getting one I have nothing bad to say about it, it does what it's supposed to do and does it well.

Poor Quality
By Bob B on 07/05/09 09:36 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

At 60K miles: Three transmissions replaced,A/C replaced, stabilizer link pins replaced, rust bubbling through paint, P/S pump replaced, brakes all the way around. This has been a nightmare vehicle. I seriously maintain my vehicles to avoid these problems, but this car can not be helped! Next vehicle will be foreign.

Stay away from Chrysler!
By tennis1 on 02/14/09 13:56 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought new in Nov 01. Have had nothing but trouble. In dealer shop for computer chip (dashboard went blank while driving at night) stabilizer bar defective, front end vibration problems (chewed up 2 sets of front tires (plus original) in only 67000 miles) Had 6 alignments during time so it was not out of alignment or tire pressure or shocks, driver window motor broke, roof rack recalled, plastic bumper strip on tailgate flew off car while driving(ice buildup under cheap plastic peg-like fasteners) . My latest problem is power steering hoses blew out.Chrysler has "update" on the hose but of course, it is not a recall.

Don't buy a Chrysler
By Not to happy on 02/12/09 17:54 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I thought this would last longer, but at 103,000 miles my car is a piece of junk according to the mechanic. It is falling apart, A/C continuosly breaks, computer and electrical problems, sagging headliner, leaking engine hoses. Too much money to repair. This car was great in the beginning but it isn't lasting very long. I would have gotten more time and a better deal with a foreign car. Interior and exterior look nice cosmetically however nothing works. Radio and CD player broke, passenger window doesn't work, battery continuosly shorts out. Never another Chrysler! Oh and struts are shot too!

I like my Chrysler
By BuyCanadian on 08/02/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

Good not great car. Had 1 recall handled and 1 that should have been but wasn't (THE NHSTA had made them fix about 7 other years for the same item). My model year they skipped, but since it was the a faulty airbag watch spring, I paid out of pocket to make sure the bag didn't deploy on me during my daily commute. Chrysler-Daimler customer service was horrid. My friends who have Mercedes say the same thing. Anyway this car is great on the highway and for long trips. It doesn't carry as much cargo as you would expect. It does carry people though. 3 rows of seats. Good safe car for those with little ones. Will trade soon just because of the lousy city gas mileage.

Crysler voyager
By Patti on 01/12/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

I never thought of myself as a mini-van kind of person. However with the birth of our third child it seemed inevitable. It fits them comfortably and allows room for more people or groceries. The space is great. My only complaints are as follows, I don't like the spaces for the seat tracks because when kneeling to buckle a seatbelt for my son they can really hurt my knees.The other problem I've had with it is electrical. Everytime I use the air conditioning the van starts to shake. The dealership has not fixed it after several trips to them.

Good reliable utility minivan
By mike on 10/14/05 09:55 AM (PDT)

2001 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 3A)

4 cylinder only lacks passing power when loaded. It is a 150 hp engine with great reliabilty and a great trans. No repairs at 75,000 miles. gas mileage aveages 23-24.