Used 2000 Chrysler Voyager Base Minivan Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:

2000 Chrysler Voyager 4-cyl, automatic
By elurael

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

This is the basic model (Base), and I bought it new in February 2000. It has a large 4-cylinder engine,
which allows for pleasantly surprising acceleration, yet 22 miles-per-gallon performance over all.
However, I did have to pay to add cruise control and a roof rack.
It does have an automatic transmission, which I also prefer.Everything else is manual (windows, door locks, etc.), but that is what I prefer.
Aside from what I mentioned in suggested improvements, performance and function have been reliable and pleasing. At 70k miles, the brake pads have had to be replaced once and as well as the battery (at 10 years). I do try to keep it serviced regularly with 5 quarts of synthetic oil.

The drive is comfortable and smooth, with surprising acceleration for a 4 cylinder. This is like driving a small room, though it parks comfortably in a compact space. It has plenty of cup holders, both front and rear, as well as storage compartments for both. The middle seat (and rearmost) are removable for individual preferences and ride. The armrests on both front seats can be swiveled up parallel to the seat for accessibility.

The air filter could have been located in a more accessible place. The parking brake became stuck in wet weather (like suction cups) and had to have an automotive service repair. It would have been nice if the front seats could recline. The visors are somewhat flimsy, and one has had to be replaced. The heat and air condition are fine in the front, but somewhat lacking for rear passengers.

93,000 mile report card
By sunjet74

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

Bought new in Mar 2000. I own the base 2.4 L auto with no options. I have never done less than 20 mpg. Average 24 and have don 29 mpg on highway. It's simple, do a service on the auto tans every 30k miles. Do Not shift abusive, use the trans. gently. Also, that's how to maximize the MPG. I live in the very congested SF Bay area and still achieve these real MPG as stated. This is not an exciting vehicle to drive. But when I realize that I've not even replaced the orig battery, that the orig tires went to 65K miles, and not a single light bulb has even been replaced. How can a vehicle be more reliable than that? It did have a rear brake job and all sched maint. done on-time. A++ van!

simple reliable vehicle. easy to drive in traffic, amazing visibility. large cargo capacity. hauls anything. great MPG

4 spd auto instead of 3 spd.

250,000 miles
By R Villarreal

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

I bought mine with over 200,000 and it now has over 250,000 miles. It still runs great but I needed to replace some parts. Water pump, fuel pump, radiator, thermostat, and tires. Engine, transmission, and body are still in great shape, but crossing my fingers. Brought it for $1,000.00. Best car I ever brought for the money. Previous owner took very good care of it.

Roominess for my children. Factory stereo sounds great and rides smooth. Good pick up, but crossing my fingers.

Great Minivan
By Daigs

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

For an entry level minivan, I wasn't expecting much at all. The ride on the Voyager is pretty darn good. Acceleration is smooth and peppy. I've also had no problems whatsoever. It's been extremely reliable!

Can you like anything of this car?
By WolfgangKastenmeier

2000 Chrysler Voyager Minivan 3dr Minivan

We bought the car as an emergency
purchase - we simply wanted the
cheapest minivan out there and traded
in our beloved 1999 Audi A6 station
wagon. I wish we never would have done
that.

Sure, it was cheap, and perfectly
served the needs we had at that time.
Get us from A to B. This is what this
car does, nothing more. Lousy 4-
cylinder, shoddy build quality,
outrageous gas-mileage, terrible back
seats, horrible steering and the list
goes on. I am not sure what we thought
when we bought this car almost 4 years
ago. Loses value quicker than anything
else.

Are there any features this car offers? Ah, yes: cargo room, lots of it. Forget the rest.

I am not even sure where to start.