2000 Chrysler Voyager - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Voyager model:
2000 Chrysler Voyager 4-cyl, automatic
By elurael on 02/15/12 11:46 AM (PST)

2000 Chrysler Voyager 3dr Minivan

This is the basic model (Base), and I bought it new in February 2000. It has a large 4-cylinder engine, which allows for pleasantly surprising acceleration, yet 22 miles-per-gallon performance over all. However, I did have to pay to add cruise control and a roof rack. It does have an automatic transmission, which I also prefer.Everything else is manual (windows, door locks, etc.), but that is what I prefer. Aside from what I mentioned in suggested improvements, performance and function have been reliable and pleasing. At 70k miles, the brake pads have had to be replaced once and as well as the battery (at 10 years). I do try to keep it serviced regularly with 5 quarts of synthetic oil.

favorite minivan
By kvmare on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

We purchased two used Chryslers during the same year. The 3.0 without 4 speed - overdrive got worse mileage than the 3.3 with overdrive in all conditions. The 3.0 never gets out of second gear until reaching 40 MPH. So, driving in the city is not efficient. The 3.3 has LOTS of power and gets 16-city and 23.5 HWY. Now, I am always looking for a low mileage V6 Caravan or Chrysler van but MUST HAVE 4 SPEED TRANSMISSION. I do not like the newer 09-10 ones with the lower front suspension.

93,000 mile report card
By sunjet74 on 06/27/10 23:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager 3dr Minivan

Bought new in Mar 2000. I own the base 2.4 L auto with no options. I have never done less than 20 mpg. Average 24 and have don 29 mpg on highway. It's simple, do a service on the auto tans every 30k miles. Do Not shift abusive, use the trans. gently. Also, that's how to maximize the MPG. I live in the very congested SF Bay area and still achieve these real MPG as stated. This is not an exciting vehicle to drive. But when I realize that I've not even replaced the orig battery, that the orig tires went to 65K miles, and not a single light bulb has even been replaced. How can a vehicle be more reliable than that? It did have a rear brake job and all sched maint. done on-time. A++ van!

250,000 miles
By R Villarreal on 08/02/09 23:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager 3dr Minivan

I bought mine with over 200,000 and it now has over 250,000 miles. It still runs great but I needed to replace some parts. Water pump, fuel pump, radiator, thermostat, and tires. Engine, transmission, and body are still in great shape, but crossing my fingers. Brought it for $1,000.00. Best car I ever brought for the money. Previous owner took very good care of it.

Good car
By John on 06/04/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

The van has done exactly what we needed it to do. Performed well, great acceleration for a van, carts kids well, had few non wear and tear mechanical problems. At 114K it still looks and drives well. We have had to replace all the expected parts, such as tires, shocks, platinum plugs. I think that we can drive the van for another 10 years.

What Happened?
By NJGal on 04/11/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

Have you ever driven on a hot day and see other Chrysler vans with their windows opened? I do all the time. My A/C broke and I was told was unrepairable. The kids in the back are so hot and with the windows open creates pressure on the eardrums of the driver and passengers. I think it's a flaw in the design. I used to love this car, I have 108K on it and the inside is still beautiful, the body and paint is great but the overall engine quality is shoddy. I have a leak of transmission fluid and the repair would cost so much the mechanic told me to just keep replacing fluid it's cheaper. Bummer, I didn't want to get rid of it yet but I WON'T ever by Chrysler AGAIN!

Milage is age too
By Belinda on 08/19/08 20:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I have had trouble with my trans too but I have a great trans guy. Just 1 adjustment no more leaks. After 125,000 mi my wheel fell off pass front. Hey 100,000 mile come on cars are driven more now than in the 60's. We hope in the car and dive 50 miles to go buy a pair of shoes and save $25. But do we remember to get the oil change every 3000 miles? Or do you have the fluids checked. every month. Your duty to your car is not to just put gas in it when it needs a drink, but to ck. under the hood every once in a while and if the driveway has a spot then take it to the dr. like it was your baby. in short be kind to it and it will be kind to you.

Great Minivan
By Daigs on 08/05/07 10:29 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager 3dr Minivan

For an entry level minivan, I wasn't expecting much at all. The ride on the Voyager is pretty darn good. Acceleration is smooth and peppy. I've also had no problems whatsoever. It's been extremely reliable!

2000 Voyager 4DR
By Joe on 08/13/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

I got this after my Saturn was destroyed by a semi and my wife wanted me in a bigger vehicle. I was skeptical, but came to absolutely LOVE the convenience of this mini-van. The four door entry makes it easy for me to get things in and out. The back seat has hangers for plastic grocery bags. Chrysler really did a nice job with this smaller version of their standard model. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a used mini-van. Hub South in West Allis, WI did ALL the service and is a wonderful place to get a vehicle and the follow up service. I highly recommend them for both!

2000 Voyager
By jkc918 on 05/20/05 10:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Chrysler Voyager SE 4dr Minivan

The 2000 Voyager has proven to be very reliable. The ability to remove both back benches has been very handy when moving or purchasing odd shaped items. Special slots on the back bench keeps grocery bags (plastic) from falling over. Almost 5 years later and I am still pleased with my purchase.