2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Best decision was "going mini van"!
By Ted Hoffman

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I are in our 50's and a new 2016 Chrysler Town & Country Touring just made sense to us. We're getting older, but still like to get around! The optional side steps are helpful getting in and out. I always drove a car, including a Chrysler 300C! The mini van offers the versatility of stow and go seats, tons of space for flea market purchases, great visability and a back-up camera. I don't like backing up a vehicle, so any safety aid helps me. We became first-time grandparents this year, so comfortable, safe seating is important. The DVD player is there to entertain. Must haves of heated seats and steering wheel warm my backside and hands quickly! The Town & Country is no sportscar, but rides smoothly and I feel confident behind the wheel. After several months of ownership, with short trips, two-hour excursions with carrying purchases and baby shower gifts, the conversion from people mover to delivery vehicle has been easy. There have been zero issues, and I'm happy with this mini van purchase.

Hate the sliding side doors
By Janet Boltz

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like the town and country but will not buy another until they do away with the sliding side doors. They do not last long even after you get them fixed. The side doors have to be manually opened and not sliding for me. Have also spent a lot of money fixing the air conditioner

Not for the Mountains
By Don Benedict

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are only two gears, forward and reverse. The options for the transmission are : Park, Neutral, Reverse, and Drive. There are no lower gears to assist in braking when driving downhill. On a recent trip, we were returning from a family trip to Pagosa Springs in southern Colorado. When driving over Wolf Creek pass on Hi-Way 160, I could not shift to a lower gear when descending from the pass so had to ride the brakes to keep the speed down. The brakes apparently overheated and each time applied a loud rumbling from the brakes occurred. This is not a necessarily steep decline and is a well used Hi-Way. I was very concerned and will try to avoid the Colorado mountain roads while driving this vehicle.

Great buy
By Rich

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Was apprehensive about buying a Chrysler, looked at others. But liked the van after a test ride. Love the van, not sorry at all.

As exciting as mini-van ownership gets
By Jon

2016 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited Platinum 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It was a tough pill to swallow going from a luxury crossover SUV to a mini-van, but the Town and Country was a better option than the other options. We started looking at the Sienna because I wanted AWD. Unfortunately, it lived up to my previous experiences with Toyotas. When it comes to driving excitement, Toyota doesn't have a clue. We had to push the pedal half way to the floor to get it to move, and even then the acceleration was pathetic. The Honda was better, but for the money, I felt both Toyota and Honda interiors were just okay. When I saw that I could get a fully loaded Town and Country for the price of an entry level Toyota, I was shocked. I was also pretty impressed with the Napa leather quality in the Limited. Sure the fit and finish is typical domestic with plastic interior parts that have uneven seams, but it was hard to argue with the price. The acceleration is actually quite peppy for a mini-van as well. My wife quickly fell in love with it, and we made a great deal. My fears of quality came true one week after we bought it when the TV console developed a nasty rattle. We took it to the dealer and they said, "they are all made like that". Sad excuse, but they made a rubber gasket for it, and it seems to be better for now. We don't seem to be getting the advertised gas mileage at this point, but it is a mini-van, not a Prius. Our plan is to keep it for 3-4 years, and I think it will be more than adequate for that period of time as long as things don't fall apart.