2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Glad it's not a GMC
By CHRISTOPHER JOHNSON

2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2015 Town and Country Auto Review
By Keith Cobbs

2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car clearly gets little love from the company
By Dan

2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Rented the car for 3-4 days. Town and country is not a bad car, but notwithstanding some sprinkling of some technological features, it feels dated in many aspects. The interior materials are so-so, the thin rear passenger seats are amusing. But the biggest surprise to me was the transmission used on that car. Even the AT transmission in 2009 Toyota Camry is more advanced and intelligent then in this "luxury" van. The transmission has no hill grade logic at all. Going up or down the hill or during the times when engine braking would be beneficial it acts as all the old typical AT transmission do - it either doesn't do anything at all or constantly hunts gears.

The engine power is adequate however and the ride is pleasantly comfortable and smooth.

If you are considering buying, Not worth the buy
By Katie

2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My friend and I rented this van for a week long road trip to California from the Midwest. The van was very comfortable. The reason I am giving it a 2 star is because of 2 specific reasons. Number one, is sometimes it didn't switch gears so smoothly. It only had 40,000 miles on it. I made the mistake of buying a car that doesn't switch gears smoothly. And believe me, if it's doing this at 40,000 miles it's not worth your money. Number 2 is because my friends fiancé happened to be road tripping with the same exact minivan (similar mileage) to Florida with some buddies and their alternator blew on the way back. We loved the stow and go seats though! As well as the technology in the van, although I didn't love the way the steering wheel technological controls were set up. Overall, it lasted us on our trip and was a smooth ride for the most part but didn't last her fiancé and his buddies so I don't think it's an investment to choose. I regularly drive a new Toyota Sienna for work and I would think the average person would get the better end of a deal with that or a Honda Odyssey (which my parents used to own).

Company car, putting lots of miles on it.
By Rick

2015 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan LX 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was supplied this vehicle from the company I work for. I was extremely happy about this because I was driving a 2006 Dodge caravan at the time. When I switched to the new Town and Country I noticed such an improvement in luxury and technology. The immediate negative I noticed is how the dodge had a more consistent transmission. The town and country had weird hiccups when changing gears. It wasnt a huge issue but it was noticeable.
I drive a lot for work so the audio was a big improvement for me. My personal car has bluetooth and a decent sound system. This van is actually pretty sweet when it comes to listening to music and podcasts. The handsfree system is very convenient. The DVD seems to work well....I do not use this very much.
The room inside is what you would expect from vans now a days. Doors open smoothly, and the seats in the rear fold up pretty easy.
Overall, pretty cool van.