2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Disappointed in navigation system
By Ray

2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I think that Chrysler has done it self and its customers a disservice with their inclusion of the Garmin navigation system. Lifetime maps should be included even if it adds to the price. It is a safety issue to not have up to date maps. A reasonable price like $25 wouldn't be bad but I will not pay $149 + to update maps. My TomTom have free map updates and only cost $89. Also all available safety features should be standard. We will be getting rid of our van in a year of so.

Great family hauler, never running out of space
By Fabrice

2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very comfortable. Decent fuel economy. >25mpg observed on freeway provided that there's no headwind. U Connect bluetooth is poorly designed. Voice control works poorly. Many bugs.

Most bang for our buck!!
By jewel lawrence

2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's perfect if you want all the luxury of a high end van but not the crazy price.....completely happy with our purchase!

Bad customer service no warrantee for rotors
By Melwrona

2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my car August 2014. Had it in the shop the first month. I have had it in shop 10 times since I purchased the vehicle. Had issue with power steering making noise & feeling funny, brought it into dealership they said nothing was wrong three visits later it was bad gaskets and bearings now it's fixed. Brought car in for brakes system slipping on stop and feeling bad like they're not working properly since December 2014. Brought car in again for the 10th time as instructed by Chrysler Escalation Customer Service Dept. they said brakes were perfect. but breaks still slipping at a normal stop or slow down at stop signs and to slow down to make turns. Called customer service been dealing with them since last year in August I have had eight different representatives five escalation department representatives and nobody has helped me at all. Engine runs very rough and starter legs at start and feels like it won't start randomly service dept says can't be duplicated but it is happening constantly for me. Chrysler is not part of the BBB so they will not deal with the BBB complaints. They are not part of consumer affairs so they won't deal with consumer affairs complaints. When you call Chrysler for help they just tell you to take it back to dealerships. Chrysler Customer Service is not there to help you they are there to just keep giving you the runaround and tossing you to different people making you waste your time at dealerships trying to get it fixed until your warranty runs out at 36,000 miles my issues have been since I had 2000 miles on my car and now I'm at 21,000 miles on my car and still nothing is been fixed except for my power steering gasket and bearings. At this point I'm at fear that my brakes will go out that is my opinion but everyone else seems to think that nothings wrong with my car except for me my husband and other people that I've had drive my car ask me what's wrong with your breaks so I know something is really wrong even though Chrysler in the dealerships are giving me a stupid feedback that there's nothing wrong one dealership says brakes are great a week later another dealership says rotors are warped another dealership says rotors are great I want after that Kreiser says there is no warrantee for your rotors even if they go bad after four months from when you bought your car. So if your rotors are bad from the day you buy your car I was told by the Chrysler Escalation Customer Service Department tamara that if it is the rotors that were bad from the day I bought my car that I would have to pay the $500 to have them replaced. Chrysler will not cover the rotors even if they were poor quality or already bad the day you bought your car FYI

MAP UPDATES @ $149 each year - DARK rear WINDOWS
By Tom K.

2014 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

MAP UPDATES will cost you $149 EACH YEAR plus taxes and fees. They don't tell you that when you buy the car. What a rip-off. What's worse is that you can only get firmware updates IF you buy the map updates - no other way. This cost is never mentioned by the salespeople nor does it appear on the website or in the sales brochure. Reality check - You can buy a Garmin hand held GPS with lifetime maps and live traffic updates for less than the cost of an annual update on your Chrysler T&C. ---------------- WINDOW DESIGN FLAW - Here's another thing I HATE. The WINDOWS on the 2nd and 3rd row as well as on the tailgate are very DARK. It's noticeable in the daylight but not a real problem. However, at NIGHT - visibility is absolutely awful - you can barely see through the dark glass except in very well lit areas. The engineers who design these cars should be forced to drive prototypes under dark conditions before manufacturing and releasing them for sale to the public. Our two previous minivans - A Chevrolet VENTURE and UPLANDER both had tinted windows but they were perfectly fine at night - the Chrysler is not.

• SUV