2013 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: Transmission defect

2013 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

Touring-L Passenger Minivan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Transmission defect
By gfcarl on

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2013 Town & Country van is great in many ways but the transmission has a noise that is caused by a redesign in the square cut gears. Between 15-20 mph it makes an irritating noise that Chrysler has no fix for. They basically say it is driveable so I have to live with it. The dealership has found that this is common with other new vans on their lot. This noise is persistent and louder than when we first noticed it (7200 miles now). No repair, no replacement, nothing but a continual noise. I would have looked at other vehicles if I had known that this would be an ongoing nuisance.

General comfort and versatility.

Get the noise out of the low speed (15-20 mph) transmission.
By jim645
on 06/30/14 17:07 PM (PDT)

My 2010 had trans whine at 80mph, traded for 2013 that was quite for 11K miles then developed whine at 57 to 60 mph. Same thing at dealer and customer service, no problem found.

By ssn7
on 06/22/14 04:53 AM (PDT)

@gfcarl, how's your van now? I think I have a similar problem. I want to approach attorney since Chrysler is not helping to fix the defect. They are giving the exact same reason as they have given you! Frustrating to say the least.

By dosan76
on 07/26/15 05:40 AM (PDT)

Thanks for all your feedback, I was seriously considering a used 2013 Chrysler T&C but transmission is an expensive repair if anything and I have some doubts now to get this mode. Does anyone has any updates on this whether it's just an annoying sound or has a more bigger issue over the long haul.