Used 2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Awful reliability
By Roach_in_FL

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car 1.5 years ago at 14k miles, and since then I've had to replace the a/c blower motor and power sliding door latch on the passenger side. The blower just squeaked by in the warranty period, by about two months. But the power sliding door latch will cost me $1143.32 including labor. Clearly, Chrysler designs components to last about 3 years, just to outlive the warranty. I wonder what will break next. This car is cheaper than the Japanese ones for a reason. In contrast, I have a 2006 Toyota with 140k miles, and in 2 years I have had to replace nothing but the battery.

Run away from the Navigation System
By Floyd Sense

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

These are facts, not my opinions. When the car is new, the nav system (Garmin design) is super. It doesn't have voice command function, but otherwise is very good. Eventually, you'll want to update the maps and point-of-interest information with the latest. Chrysler does not sell the updates, you have to go to the source - Navteq (now known as "HERE") and purchase the update for $149 (there is no lifetime update option). That's the same for most nav system updates today, regardless of make and model of your car. For all other makes and models, you just order the update at the Navteq website and they send you a DVD or other media and you apply the update yourself. But, for the 2013 Town and Country equipped with the 430N radio with a code of RBZ (found on lower right hand corner of the radio faceplate), you are forced to go through a strange procedure where you insert a USB drive into the front of the radio, initiate some commands via the radio menu and then the radio is supposed to write info about the navigation package to the USB drive. You then plug that USB drive into your PC and the website analyzes the information (looking for what, is undocumented) and decides whether you need the update. The problem is, many of the radios do not write the info to the USB drive due to some quirk in the radio software. I had the dealer update the radio software to the latest level, but that made no difference at all. Many calls to Navteq and a Chrysler support line got me nowhere. Navteq says that the problem has been reported by many other owners and they sent reports to Chrysler, but with no response. When I raise the issue with Chrysler, they again tell me that they don't sell map updates. For the price of an update ($149), you can purchase a stand-alone unit from Garmin with lifetime free map and POI updates and not have to deal with Chrysler at all.

Engine repairs at 40k
By Midview132

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you buy a 2011 through 2013 tc you will be having the engine fixed. The engines have a flaw in them and right about 40 miles the left engine head will start failing. If you question me google problems with penta star engine heads or missfire on penta star engine. Even after they fixed it it still ran rough. The electric sliding doors are a pain in the rear. It's a good value but my wife and I usually keep a car 10 years but we took on another car payment just to get rid of it.

Quietly sits in the sidelines
By Anonymous

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It seems that most professional reviewers cant think of enough bad things to say about American cars. Maybe because its just very popular to be down on America these days. But they're sadly mistaken if they think the Chrysler minivan is anything other than top notch compared to all other similar minivans. When we looked for a minivan we looked at all manufactures and this van was clearly the best dollar value. The options Chrysler offers as standard features is awesome and not even a comparison as foreign cars have become outrageously expensive in their base model form. One critique I often read too is how long foreign vehicles last, and all I can say to that is any vehicle will last if you take care of it. Our last Town and Country has 200k miles on it and still going strong. Keeping it for a secondary vehicle too.

Steer Way Clear of This Lemon
By archguy69

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I'd do some poor worker in Detroit a favor by buying American. I convinced my very skeptical wife that a brand new 2013 T&C had to be decent automobile and that we'd be saving several thousand dollars by not buying Japanese. I cannot tell you how much I regret this. This vehicle is an absolute lemon. The transmission is worse than anything I've every driven, it clunks into drive & slingshots forward with the slightest acceleration. Chrysler is well aware of the issues, but refuses to fix. The low tire pressure light will not turn off even though nothing is wrong and the dash board's developed quite a rattle. Dealer wants to charge a hefty diagnostic fee to remedy.