Used 2013 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Steer Way Clear of This Lemon
By archguy69

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I'd do some poor worker in Detroit a favor by buying American. I convinced my very skeptical wife that a brand new 2013 T&C had to be decent automobile and that we'd be saving several thousand dollars by not buying Japanese. I cannot tell you how much I regret this. This vehicle is an absolute lemon. The transmission is worse than anything I've every driven, it clunks into drive & slingshots forward with the slightest acceleration. Chyrsler is well aware of the issues, but refuses to fix. The low tire pressure light will not turn off even though nothing is wrong and the dash board's developed quite a rattle. Dealer wants to charge a hefty diagnostic fee to remedy.

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the transmission. Improve dealer service.

I will never ever recomend this minivan to any one
By masoud azimi

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I read alot of reviews before I wright mine. believe me this is the worst mini van. first for the value second mechanical third on gas. I bought a 2013 in 2014 nov . one and half years old and I also have a 2006 Honda odyssey for the last 8 years . this town & country is nowhere even close to Honda odyssey . those review that says good about this mini van they are not real.

cheap front wheel roters
By jngsr520

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

have a 2013 town and country with 17,500 miles on it. I live in Colorado and of course went to the mountains last weekend, scariest ride of my life. had my wife, daughter and two grandchildren in the car, going down a steep grade when I pressed on the brakes the car shook like it was going to break in too, more times I put on the brakes the more it shook. checking with brake specialist later it appears the front rotors don't dissipate heat as fast as they should, appears Chrysler didn't put in higher grade rotors in case you every went on steep mountain roads, saved many millions but hoped nobody would have a bad situation like I did, wont ever buy another Chrysler product.

Suggested Improvements

check out your rotors on steep mountain roads

Just purchased, a few thoughts
By jds9571

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I just purchased a new 2013, and have under 1,000 miles on it. We compared the Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, and the T&C. We loved the ride of the Honda, the 2nd row leg room of the Toyota, but the likes really stopped there for anything outside the T&C. Options on the T&C are more plentiful for less money (rear entertainment, nav, heated seats...). Of note, the T&C is the ONLY one to offer remote start. The DVD in the Sienna looked like a shotty 3rd-party install, while both the Odyssey and Sienna dashboards felt very poorly and/or cheaply designed.

Favorite Features

-Blu-Ray dual DVD's -Heated seats -Heated steering wheel -Touch-screen nav/infotainment unit with Garmin maps, back-up camera -Remote start -Eco mode -6-spd transmission -Stow-n-Go seating, can fit full 4'x8' board flat when all the seats are folded! -General button layout -Built-in rear window shades

Suggested Improvements

-Dash LCD menu organization is odd, fairly easy to reset certain metrics with the button navigation. -Auto -Up windows would be nice -Brightwork in interior is well-designed and tastefull, that being said the driver's vent trim reflects into the window right through the mirror line-of-sight, distracting. Many minor issues with radio/nav unit: -Garmin nav needs live traffic overlay on maps. -Split radio/nav screen would be nice instead of switching back and forth all the time. -Front DVD passenger operation while moving. We understand the safety aspect, but when you're trying to load a movie for the rear-seat passengers (fussy kids) and can't see the menu...

Transmission defect
By gfcarl

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2013 Town & Country van is great in many ways but the transmission has a noise that is caused by a redesign in the square cut gears. Between 15-20 mph it makes an irritating noise that Chrysler has no fix for. They basically say it is driveable so I have to live with it. The dealership has found that this is common with other new vans on their lot. This noise is persistent and louder than when we first noticed it (7200 miles now). No repair, no replacement, nothing but a continual noise. I would have looked at other vehicles if I had known that this would be an ongoing nuisance.

Favorite Features

General comfort and versatility.

Suggested Improvements

Get the noise out of the low speed (15-20 mph) transmission.