Used 2013 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Engine repairs at 40k
By Midview132

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you buy a 2011 through 2013 tc you will be having the engine fixed. The engines have a flaw in them and right about 40 miles the left engine head will start failing. If you question me google problems with penta star engine heads or missfire on penta star engine. Even after they fixed it it still ran rough. The electric sliding doors are a pain in the rear. It's a good value but my wife and I usually keep a car 10 years but we took on another car payment just to get rid of it.

Quietly sits in the sidelines
By Anonymous

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It seems that most professional reviewers cant think of enough bad things to say about American cars. I think its just popular to be down on America these days. But they're sadly mistaken if they think the Chrysler minivan is anything other than top notch compared to all other similar minivans. When we looked for a minivan we looked at all manufactures and this van was clearly the best dollar value. The options Chrysler offers as standard features is awesome. Not even a comparison as foreign cars have become outrageously expensive in their base model form. One critique I often read too is how long foreign vehicles last, and all I can say to that is any vehicle will last if you take care of it. Our last Town and Country has 200k miles on it and still going strong. Kept it for a secondary vehicle too.

Steer Way Clear of This Lemon
By archguy69

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I'd do some poor worker in Detroit a favor by buying American. I convinced my very skeptical wife that a brand new 2013 T&C had to be decent automobile and that we'd be saving several thousand dollars by not buying Japanese. I cannot tell you how much I regret this. This vehicle is an absolute lemon. The transmission is worse than anything I've every driven, it clunks into drive & slingshots forward with the slightest acceleration. Chrysler is well aware of the issues, but refuses to fix. The low tire pressure light will not turn off even though nothing is wrong and the dash board's developed quite a rattle. Dealer wants to charge a hefty diagnostic fee to remedy.

I will never ever recomend this minivan to any one
By masoud azimi

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I read alot of reviews before I wright mine. believe me this is the worst mini van. first for the value second mechanical third on gas. I bought a 2013 in 2014 nov . one and half years old and I also have a 2006 Honda odyssey for the last 8 years . this town & country is nowhere even close to Honda odyssey . those review that says good about this mini van they are not real.

cheap front wheel roters
By jngsr520

2013 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

have a 2013 town and country with 17,500 miles on it. I live in Colorado and of course went to the mountains last weekend, scariest ride of my life. had my wife, daughter and two grandchildren in the car, going down a steep grade when I pressed on the brakes the car shook like it was going to break in too, more times I put on the brakes the more it shook. checking with brake specialist later it appears the front rotors
don't dissipate heat as fast as they should, appears Chrysler didn't put in higher grade rotors in case you every went on steep mountain roads, saved many millions but hoped nobody would have a bad situation like I did, wont ever buy another Chrysler product.

check out your rotors on steep mountain roads