2012 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: New family van

2012 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

Touring Passenger Minivan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

New family van
By mandedad on

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Recently picked up a new Chrysler Town and Country Touring with Navigation for our family. I researched all the competition and as is noted NONE compare for what one gets standard. I have never bought a Chrysler prior so there was no bias. I researched and drove all the vans and after my analysis and discussion with wife on her thoughts none could compete with Chrysler for value, comfort, features and performance. You get power everything (doors and hatch), leather, back up camera, DVD, and Nav along with a 6 speed transmission and 283 hp. We have a 1000 plus miles and could not be happier. Mileage has averaged @ 20-21 in mixed driving. We cannot wait to get it out on a road trip.

Favorite Features

Interior (excellent), exterior (do not know why Honda and Nissan cannot make the rear sliding door track follow the window as Chrysler and now Toyota. (It is in the middle of the rear door area??) Steering wheel mounted controls (why has every auto maker not put the adjust buttons behind the steering wheel as Chrysler does) Uconnect with Bluetooth, Sat Nav, backup camera and 40G hard drive. Powertrain is excellent. Smooth power and shift points.

Suggested Improvements

None so far. This segment leader (don't believe me look at Dodge/Chryler van sales through June vs. competition) has thought of just about everything.