My new favorite vehicle.
By dldmny on
2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased this car in June and drove it cross-country on vacation. I previously had owned a 1994 Dodge Caravan and on a whim traded it on a small SUV ... a big mistake, simply not enough room for people and things! This time I knew what I wanted and bought the Town and Country with nearly all the "bells and whistles" based upon my earlier experience with the Caravan and the fact that there is a local dealer. I hated driving 40 miles in heavy traffic to visit a dealer! This vehicle is rated at 17 city and 25 hwy. I received 31.3 hwy and never less than 19 city! There are so many nice features built in this vehicle that it is a bit overwhelming to understand them all!
Favorite Features
Powered lift-gate and doors, key-less ignition and door locks. Fuel economy, quiet comfortable ride. Back-up camera warning systems (both side and rear). Stow and Go and an absolutely flat floor from 1st row to tailgate, with seats folded and stowed. The well behind the third row of seats to contain items when seat is not stowed. The fact that there is a local Chrysler dealer something I dearly missed with several other vehicles I've owned!
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the prop rod for the engine compartment Relocate the radio channel change switch on steering wheel to prevent accidental activation.