2012 Chrysler Town and Country Consumer Review: Why is this van not a bigger d

2012 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Review

Touring-L Passenger Minivan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Why is this van not a bigger deal?
By 2000tjsport on

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2012 T&C about six months ago, and we've put about 5,000 miles on it so far. And as an avid reader of car blogs, my main question is: why is no one raving about this van? It's far and away the most heavily-featured van available; our mid-level model (purchased for about the base model's MSRP) has leather, dual DVD, power doors and liftgate, bluetooth, navigation, Sirius XM, three zone climate control...it's just ridiculous what you get for your money. We stopped at the Honda place first, and told the sales guy the features and price Chrysler had on their van. He did his salesman thing for about 15 minutes and then declared himself beaten. He was right. Buy the Chrysler.

The level of features you get for the money is outstanding. It's very refined and quiet. Stow and Go is pretty awesome. I just did a 1500 mile road trip with the AC blasting the whole time and the van loaded down, and got 29mpg.

The transmission tends to hunt for gears, especially in Eco Mode. Sometimes it seems confused about where to go, either on the way up the gears or down. I've squealed the tires pretty frequently starting from a stop. I don't know if that's my bad driving, the low rolling resistance tires, or bad gearing, but I do feel like I have to be pretty ginger on starts.
By bladeedge12
on 08/26/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

I think that the van is fantastic. I am a Chrysler fan and have the utmost respect for all of its brands. I think that one reason why it isn't a much bigger deal is because it is quite more expensive than the Dodge version.