Used 2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler Town-and-country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Loves to eat brakes
By timcorona

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed with how this town and country goes through brakes. Pads and rotors replaced at 35,000 miles, Both front and rear. Less than 4,000 miles later, the brakes need service again. All four rotors were heavily glazed over.

Favorite Features

Storage

Suggested Improvements

Better brakes

Far ahead of the others
By unionjack

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this Mini van 'cannot' be beaten. Standard items are extras on other vans and cost a great deal of money. Took the T&C on a trip to Florida averaged 29.2 mpg. I find the quality to be way above average. I have owned a Honda Van in the past and find that even though it was a good vehicle, the T&C is way ahead in overall quality and gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Love the GPS and Back-up camera. Have taken the Grandchildren on a long trip, thanks to the DVD,s we hardly knew that they were there. Love the 'stow' seating.

Suggested Improvements

None as this is the last year made.

first mini van I ever purchased
By boilertech

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2010 gmc acadia...From the price to the qaulity and all the features you cant beat 2012 town and country. Remote start. power every thing heated seats first and second row heated sterring, keyless enrty and go. NO KEY NEEDED IN HAND! ROOMY back up camera, and sensors, Blind spot notifcation, auto wipers and headlights wven auto hi beams u connect for smart phones, usb ports 3 tvs and 2 dvd players, RCA connectors to connect xbox to screen with 110v outlets, and Leather. I love this car.

Favorite Features

L package with 29J option

Suggested Improvements

wish pics would have slide show, wish dealership new more than I did about this car, I wish rear lift gate was not just power button close but power assisted too. ( like the toyota vans are)

My new favorite vehicle.
By dldmny

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in June and drove it cross-country on vacation. I previously had owned a 1994 Dodge Caravan and on a whim traded it on a small SUV ... a big mistake, simply not enough room for people and things! This time I knew what I wanted and bought the Town and Country with nearly all the "bells and whistles" based upon my earlier experience with the Caravan and the fact that there is a local dealer. I hated driving 40 miles in heavy traffic to visit a dealer! This vehicle is rated at 17 city and 25 hwy. I received 31.3 hwy and never less than 19 city! There are so many nice features built in this vehicle that it is a bit overwhelming to understand them all!

Favorite Features

Powered lift-gate and doors, key-less ignition and door locks. Fuel economy, quiet comfortable ride. Back-up camera warning systems (both side and rear). Stow and Go and an absolutely flat floor from 1st row to tailgate, with seats folded and stowed. The well behind the third row of seats to contain items when seat is not stowed. The fact that there is a local Chrysler dealer something I dearly missed with several other vehicles I've owned!

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the prop rod for the engine compartment Relocate the radio channel change switch on steering wheel to prevent accidental activation.

Great Ride.... T&C Touring L
By greggie990

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own this van a week and took it on a 1000 mile trip. Very impressed with the ride, comfort, and the whole package. My previous van is a 97 T&C w/ 161K miles. Best vehicle I owned (until the new van) in terms of versatility, dependablilty, etc. Trans was replaced last year (not bad) after 15 yrs original. All the electronic features of the new van are very impressive.... get them. You'll be glad you did.

Favorite Features

Power doors, front pwr seats, auto climate control, remote entry and start, Nav, entertainment center, stow & go, pwr 3rd row seat, steering wheel controls front and back.....

Suggested Improvements

Sirus TV, auto side mirrors on backup. Maybe look/styled like a Viper. Eco Mode refinement.