Used 2012 Chrysler Town and Country Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Town & Country Limmited
By roadrider7

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my new van for just over a week now and over all I am very happy with it. The performance is ok, but nothing to brag about, but it is a mini van and not a sports car. With all the features in it one diffinatly get thier bang for the buck. The one negitive I have is the GPS/intertainment system. The menus are very poor and do not function as one would expect. GPS does not appear to display the speed limit as most newer GPS's do. the turn by turn instructions are poor and give little warning. When using the voice button, you better know the command you want to use and be quick with it. Although you can upload 100s of pictures only one will display until you manually change it.

Favorite Features

Remote start, keyless entry, auto opening and closing doors, blind side sensors.

Suggested Improvements

The GPS and intertainment system needs a serious overhual. When compared to fords it is a complete failure.

What a Piece of Junk
By waltercho

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I did not expect any on performance and I did not expect much on Quality. But, this is a substandard car. Shaddy build quality and performance. It would be unfair comparing this car my other car, BMW X5M, but this is unfit for any standards. I cross shopped with Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyseey and only reason I picked this was for its entertainment system. Although it works as promised, it is difficult to use and almost impossible to operated while driving. I never do because it takes away too much of my attention, TOO dangerous. The driving is terrible but ride comfort is good. Toyota and Honda doesn't offer much more so this is okay, but I presume the quality is better than this on both.

Favorite Features

UConnect, if it works is great. It has XM radio, Bluetooth Streaming and two DVD players. Ride comfort is one of very few strong features of this car. It is comfortable and composed in the back, which is totally different from the drivers experience. Stow and Go is a good feature, but for the usage it will get from me, it is a big compromise in headroom. The floorboard is raised to fit the seats under the floor and it can feel cramped vertically. Ther floor center storage is good but, I would recommend getting the Super Console which is connected to the dashboard. Seems like that option has more space. I had to give it up for choosing the color I wanted.

Suggested Improvements

Wish it had a DVD Changer for more Uconnect system. It takes up one-din space in the bottom part of the dash but takes only one DVD+one inside the unit.IT definitely needs a better voice recognition. I almost smashed the dashboard and audio unit from being so frustrated. I gave up trying to use it after first day. The driving experience is so horrible, I do not want to talk about it but, I must. The worst part is the transmission which has a lot of gear slippage. Feels like clutch is engaged constantly. Dual-clutch maybe a overkill for this type of car but, better engagement and delivery would definitely improve the fuel economy which is also terrible. 3 month ownership 2 visit to dealer