Used 2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chrysler Town and Country

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:

Safe comfortable car for the family!
By Mountain Mama

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With some kicking and screaming I traded my 4wheel drive jeep in for a used 2012 minivan. Dollar for dollar, after much research, we found the Chrysler T&C to be the best value. Great interior, comfortable leather seats, wonderful Bluetooth and hands free system. Love the stow and go options for my 2 growing boys and 4 golden retrievers. Every time I miss my sporty 4x4 days, this mom is pleasantly surprised and reminded why we changed to a minivan. What a secret we minivan mamas have over the rest of those moms driving around in little cars stuffed with everything. And the safety ratings are great which are reflected in the insurance premium. We are an active family and I was able to stow and configure the seats to fit an adult kayak, kid's kayak, and kid's paddle board in the van WITH my boys, a cooler, beach chairs, and life jackets this summer regularly. Winter months have us piling our ski gear in the back and heading to the mountain. How nice it is to have so much room to work with! We bought this van with 36k miles on it, it now has 79k miles and the only maintenance (other than oil changes and tire rotations) is brake pads and a transmission issue that was under warranty. This is our choice for long distance driving, and we've seen 30mpg on those trips (2000 mile round trips). Now, Chrysler seems to be putting cheap parts in brake systems and u-joints, but we've only had to replace brake pads once in the 40k+ we've put on this van. Not so lucky on our Dodge Durango (u-joints, brake pads and rotors) or former Jeep Patriot (electrical issues that left me stranded several times) so I would expect that you could see these issues on any Chrysler once it reaches a certain age or mileage. All in All one of the only cars I would give a great review for. Fits a family's needs very well!

Be forewarned: You'll be @ dealer every month
By Jay Strongbow

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The engineering on this car is amazingly poor. They threw features on the car so they could include them in the brochure, but the engineering / fabrication of the car is so substandard that you'll have this car in the shop every month.

- the check engine light will come on and stay on, and the dealer will bang you for 100+ dollars every time you take it in. For all the 'sophistication' of this vehicle, it cannot show you the interpretation of the check-engine codes. Don't forget to add the 100+ dollars every month, plus your time, plus the non-use of the vehicle into the cost of the car.
- car sometimes will not start (chip malfunction) ... be prepared to have it towed every so often. And don't take it on a trip ... it's not trustworthy.
- the blind spot warning system pings continuously for no reason. You can have the blind-spot detection turned off, but then why did they include such an untested system in this vehicle. Wasted dollars on purchasing this extra feature and on the many, many, many, many times we had this seemingly repaired only to have it malfunction a week after getting it back. Painful. Absolutely painful.
- there have been a HUGE number of recalls, many of which involve safety features

If you are a lonely person and want to count the service people amongyour closest friends, by all means purchase this vehicle.

If you are a thrill-seeker and want to drive a car which could lose power at any moment while you are driving in heavy traffic, by all means purchase this vehicle.

If you have extra money and time and you enjoy paying top dollar for a substandard vehicle, by all means purchase this vehicle.

Great Van
By buenink

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We got our T&C in June of 2012 and have loved it from day one. We took it on vacation to northern WI and averaged 29.9 MPG for the trip. Our son loves the DVD and the amount of space in the van is great. The only negative thing I can say about the vehicle is that when you accelerate it can be slow to shift. That being said, if performance is important you’re likely not looking at buying a van. $ for $ it is the best van you can buy. One warning, the day after we bought our van we found out we were having another baby….buyer beware ;-)

Time for a mini van
By brewdog1

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had to trade my beautiful black Hemi Jeep Commander for a van.
Could not be happier with the T &C from Chrysler.
Kids love all the DVD players,headsets and room inside.
Great value, lots of power and "classy" chrome accents.
If you have to grow up and have to buy "the family car" this is the one for you.

New family van
By mandedad

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Recently picked up a new Chrysler Town and Country Touring with Navigation for our family. I researched all the competition and as is noted NONE compare for what one gets standard. I have never bought a Chrysler prior so there was no bias. I researched and drove all the vans and after my analysis and discussion with wife on her thoughts none could compete with Chrysler for value, comfort, features and performance. You get power everything (doors and hatch), leather, back up camera, DVD, and Nav along with a 6 speed transmission and 283 hp.
We have a 1000 plus miles and could not be happier. Mileage has averaged @ 20-21 in mixed driving. We cannot wait to get it out on a road trip.

Interior (excellent), exterior (do not know why Honda and Nissan cannot make the rear sliding door track follow the window as Chrysler and now Toyota. (It is in the middle of the rear door area??) Steering wheel mounted controls (why has every auto maker not put the adjust buttons behind the steering wheel as Chrysler does) Uconnect with Bluetooth, Sat Nav, backup camera and 40G hard drive. Powertrain is excellent. Smooth power and shift points.

None so far. This segment leader (don't believe me look at Dodge/Chryler van sales through June vs. competition) has thought of just about everything.