2012 Chrysler Town and Country - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Town and Country model:
Loves to eat brakes
By timcorona on 10/02/14 16:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very disappointed with how this town and country goes through brakes. Pads and rotors replaced at 35,000 miles, Both front and rear. Less than 4,000 miles later, the brakes need service again. All four rotors were heavily glazed over.

Great Van
By buenink on 01/07/13 11:22 AM (PST)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We got our T&C in June of 2012 and have loved it from day one. We took it on vacation to northern WI and averaged 29.9 MPG for the trip. Our son loves the DVD and the amount of space in the van is great. The only negative thing I can say about the vehicle is that when you accelerate it can be slow to shift. That being said, if performance is important you’re likely not looking at buying a van. $ for $ it is the best van you can buy. One warning, the day after we bought our van we found out we were having another baby….buyer beware ;-)

Far ahead of the others
By unionjack on 12/02/12 18:02 PM (PST)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the price this Mini van 'cannot' be beaten. Standard items are extras on other vans and cost a great deal of money. Took the T&C on a trip to Florida averaged 29.2 mpg. I find the quality to be way above average. I have owned a Honda Van in the past and find that even though it was a good vehicle, the T&C is way ahead in overall quality and gas mileage.

first mini van I ever purchased
By boilertech on 10/18/12 11:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in 2010 gmc acadia...From the price to the qaulity and all the features you cant beat 2012 town and country. Remote start. power every thing heated seats first and second row heated sterring, keyless enrty and go. NO KEY NEEDED IN HAND! ROOMY back up camera, and sensors, Blind spot notifcation, auto wipers and headlights wven auto hi beams u connect for smart phones, usb ports 3 tvs and 2 dvd players, RCA connectors to connect xbox to screen with 110v outlets, and Leather. I love this car.

Time for a mini van
By brewdog1 on 09/21/12 13:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had to trade my beautiful black Hemi Jeep Commander for a van. Could not be happier with the T &C from Chrysler. Kids love all the DVD players,headsets and room inside. Great value, lots of power and "classy" chrome accents. If you have to grow up and have to buy "the family car" this is the one for you.

New family van
By mandedad on 07/24/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Recently picked up a new Chrysler Town and Country Touring with Navigation for our family. I researched all the competition and as is noted NONE compare for what one gets standard. I have never bought a Chrysler prior so there was no bias. I researched and drove all the vans and after my analysis and discussion with wife on her thoughts none could compete with Chrysler for value, comfort, features and performance. You get power everything (doors and hatch), leather, back up camera, DVD, and Nav along with a 6 speed transmission and 283 hp. We have a 1000 plus miles and could not be happier. Mileage has averaged @ 20-21 in mixed driving. We cannot wait to get it out on a road trip.

My new favorite vehicle.
By dldmny on 07/19/12 09:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car in June and drove it cross-country on vacation. I previously had owned a 1994 Dodge Caravan and on a whim traded it on a small SUV ... a big mistake, simply not enough room for people and things! This time I knew what I wanted and bought the Town and Country with nearly all the "bells and whistles" based upon my earlier experience with the Caravan and the fact that there is a local dealer. I hated driving 40 miles in heavy traffic to visit a dealer! This vehicle is rated at 17 city and 25 hwy. I received 31.3 hwy and never less than 19 city! There are so many nice features built in this vehicle that it is a bit overwhelming to understand them all!

Great Ride.... T&C Touring L
By greggie990 on 06/12/12 13:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own this van a week and took it on a 1000 mile trip. Very impressed with the ride, comfort, and the whole package. My previous van is a 97 T&C w/ 161K miles. Best vehicle I owned (until the new van) in terms of versatility, dependablilty, etc. Trans was replaced last year (not bad) after 15 yrs original. All the electronic features of the new van are very impressive.... get them. You'll be glad you did.

Why is this van not a bigger deal?
By 2000tjsport on 06/08/12 19:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2012 T&C about six months ago, and we've put about 5,000 miles on it so far. And as an avid reader of car blogs, my main question is: why is no one raving about this van? It's far and away the most heavily-featured van available; our mid-level model (purchased for about the base model's MSRP) has leather, dual DVD, power doors and liftgate, bluetooth, navigation, Sirius XM, three zone climate control...it's just ridiculous what you get for your money. We stopped at the Honda place first, and told the sales guy the features and price Chrysler had on their van. He did his salesman thing for about 15 minutes and then declared himself beaten. He was right. Buy the Chrysler.

First Class
By snydermanhd on 06/05/12 22:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler Town and Country Touring-L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great looks, power, ride, quality, and more options than we know what to do with, Chrysler has really stepped up their game. From the standard leather and DVD to the tailgate seating, this van has done nothing but but impress. We looked at some used Odesseys (2010), hated the dash (looked like something out of the 80's, the little tikes gauge cluster made me laugh) only to drive straight to the Chrysler dealer. For the price they were asking for these used vans only confirmed that we were making the right decision on our new Town and Country. Gave up our SUV for it and will never look back!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chrysler Town and Country in VA is:

$132 per month*